20 Tips to Improve Battery Life

This is a discussion on 20 Tips to Improve Battery Life within the Motorola i1 forums, part of the Motorola Android Phones category; Last night I tried a little experiment, I turned off my 3G antenna before I went to bed. Instead of losing 10-15% overnight, it only ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 20 Tips to Improve Battery Life

Last night I tried a little experiment, I turned off my 3G antenna before I went to bed. Instead of losing 10-15% overnight, it only lost 1%. I went to bed with a 100% full charge, woke up 6 hours later with 99%. So now that I know what a HUGE difference that makes, I am going to leave my 3G off at all times and turn it on only when I need it.

Android Lurker billy_sprintdroids's Avatar
    Interesting arguments, but the point of view that a black background can't save any energy is out of date from what I can tell. On AMOLED based screens you can use multiple times less power with a black background instead of white! That old article link does not account for all the OLED based devices that are growing in popularity and now in use. Most other popular display types save power too displaying black like CRTs and plasma screens. CRTs can have double digit savings percentage wise from what I found and that sounds better than nothing to me. As for LCDs, many of them do have negligible differences but no harm is done displaying black over white as I don't need a brighter screen setting with black... Anyhow, I don't think using a black background on Google is going to save the world, but every little bit helps.

The Evo has a TFT screen, not an amoled. This is an Evo forum so the tips posted here are for the Evo.

Then you would save even more by posting in the appropriate forums, and not wasting electrons here. ;-)

--
    Sent on my EVO 4G with Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MetalHead View Post
    Last night I tried a little experiment, I turned off my 3G antenna before I went to bed. Instead of losing 10-15% overnight, it only lost 1%. I went to bed with a 100% full charge, woke up 6 hours later with 99%. So now that I know what a HUGE difference that makes, I am going to leave my 3G off at all times and turn it on only when I need it.
    Noob question - when you say your 3G antenna, do you mean the Mobile widget or the actual antenna, like switching it to airplane mode? If it's turning off the Mobile net, I see how to turn that off, but how do you turn the 3G antenna off?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Deano View Post
    Noob question - when you say your 3G antenna, do you mean the Mobile widget or the actual antenna, like switching it to airplane mode? If it's turning off the Mobile net, I see how to turn that off, but how do you turn the 3G antenna off?
    Thanks
    It's your data connection. I'm not sure if there is a sense widget for that b/c I am not on a sense ROM. I do know that switchpro has a toggle widget for it though. It might be called mobile data or data connection within the wireless and networks settings page.

Quote Originally Posted by MetalHead View Post
    Here is another repost from the same blog, this time illustrating how to find out what is draining your battery:

Built right into Android 2.1 is a handy battery usage utility that shows you an itemized list of what has been using the EVO's battery since the last time it was unplugged.

Here's how to find it:

Press the Menu button.
    Tap Settings.
    Scroll to the bottom of the list and press About phone.
    Then tap Battery followed by Battery use.
    An even easier way to access the information is to create a shortcut to it on one of your home screens.

Tap + on the home screen.
    Select Shortcut from the "Add to Home" list that appears.
    Tap Settings at the bottom.
    Choose Battery use.
    When using the shortcut, tap Menu -> Refresh to display current statistics.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Now, take a close look at that screen cap. Notice the uptime? 22+ hours and there is still 54% battery. I really don't think we are going to have too many issues with battery life.

Any idea why my Android System is taking up way more than the rest of the stuff? Should it be that way?

If you tap on Android System it will show you the system processes that are running. For my phone it's almost always Cell Standby at the top. System should be relatively low.

increase battery life by minimum half day

How to increase Battery Life in Android Phones | GET ANDROID .APK
    gives some of the useful methods to increase your battery life by atleast half a day to one day.:htc::iphone::4g::htclogo::htcevoiso::sprint:: evostand:

Thanks for your suggestions battery! I think that helps a lot, because my battery one day without a lot.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links