Best way to sync EVO with MS OUTLOOK

This is a discussion on Best way to sync EVO with MS OUTLOOK within the Motorola i1 forums, part of the Motorola Android Phones category; What best way to upload or sync my contacts in outlook with the evo. I am seeing many programs and also to perform it on ...

Thread: Best way to sync EVO with MS OUTLOOK

Best way to sync EVO with MS OUTLOOK

What best way to upload or sync my contacts in outlook with the evo. I am seeing many programs and also to perform it on google.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by anselmeek View Post
    What best way to upload or sync my contacts in outlook with the evo. I am seeing many programs and also to perform it on google.
    I would work on just doing it to your google account, then it will sync automatically with your phone.

This link might help:

site:droidforums.net sync outlook - Google Search

HTC Sync is loaded on the SD card that cam with it. Use it to sync with Outlook.

Hi anselmeek,

You have a couple options to sync your contacts from Outlook to the HTC EVO 4G.

As mentioned above, HTC Sync is included with your EVO, this will let you sync your contacts and calendar through the USB cable.

If you need more advanced contact sync features, such as multiple Outlook folders and color-coded categories, CompanionLink USB can sync contacts and calendar, as well as tasks and notes, from Outlook to the HTC EVO 4G. CompanionLink's sync works with an app called DejaOffice. DejaOffice offers advanced contacts, calendar, tasks and notes apps for Android. Here's a shot of DejaContacts, showing categories and last name first display.

DejaOffice is available from the Android Market at no cost. CompanionLink is free for 14 days - download the trial at www.companionlink.com.

bfm

great paid app to sync w exchange server

try RoadSync by dataviz. They've been players in this space for ages. Works flawlessly for me and its worth the $

I do not work for them.

Will any of these applications allow a merge of my phone contacts with my outlook contacts?

Can I tell my evo calender to unsync with stupid facebook? I don't really need calender events for all my facebook friends b-days.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by REKIII View Post
    Will any of these applications allow a merge of my phone contacts with my outlook contacts?

Can I tell my evo calender to unsync with stupid facebook? I don't really need calender events for all my facebook friends b-days.

Thanks!
    The answer to the first question is "yes" for HTC Sync (which you should already have). I'm sure the other, more robust solutions will as well.

I can't answer the second question.

Ultimately, it depends on what you personally need. I suggest you go to www.syncdroid.net. They are dedicated to listing software that syncs between Outlook and Android devices - in this case, the EVO. They list what is synced (calendar, contacts, notes, tasks), how it is synced (Google, Wireless, Wi-Fi, USB, Bluetooth), the price of the software (many free), and much more. Since you alone know what you need, check out the chart and compare your needs with what is offered by the different vendors. Then click on the link to the software that meets your needs and read the reviews. They tell the good and bad about each. You should be able to find what you need at that point. Cheers!

Can I tell my calendar with evo facebook UNSYNC stupid? I do not really need the calendar of events for all my Facebook friends b-day.

I used DejaOffice and it was really easy to figure out. I def would recommend it

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links