HTC EVO 4G - NOT MAC Compatible !!!

This is a discussion on HTC EVO 4G - NOT MAC Compatible !!! within the Motorola i1 forums, part of the Motorola Android Phones category; What exactly is not Mac compatible about the evo? Plug it in and you can browse files in the SD card, sync with itunes music, ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HTC EVO 4G - NOT MAC Compatible !!!

What exactly is not Mac compatible about the evo? Plug it in and you can browse files in the SD card, sync with itunes music, movies, and iphoto pics through doubletwist or salling media sync, import photos from the phone into iphoto, etc etc...maybe the HTC sync function isn't compatible, but that's a worthless feature...use google for contacts and calendars...then all your devices (macs, PCs, smart phones) are always synced all the time. I switched from an iphone to the evo and I've been using my evo very successfully with my mac almost as seamlessly as plugging in an iphone to the mac...infact, when I plug in my evo, iphoto launches automatically to import pictures from my phone, just as it did with my iphone. also, salling media sync launches automatically ready to sync all my photos, videos and music (with itunes playlists and album art) just as itunes would launch when you plug in the iphone. seems as compatible with the Mac as it could possibly be...you just need the right 3rd party software to bring it all together, just as you would need to do on a windows PC.

easy answer: Salling Media Sync. Pricey at $22 but works perfect and syncs everything with your evo as itunes does for the iphone. The evo is 100% compatible with the Mac in every way.

Quote Originally Posted by aronoffdvm View Post
    i just got an ipad and was wondering if there was any way to get around the 30 dollar hot spot charge? I have pdanet to tether to macbook but do not want to root the phone, too chicken
    no way to get around without rooting...but rooting is easy and you don't need to install a custom ROM or Kernel (which is where the real risk is when you root). once you root, download the wireless tether app (google search it).

rooting takes a minute

unrevoked

do the painless root and reflash option to root the phone. can't fail

Get Missing Sync for Droid - can't beat it - well worth the $$

Android Sync Software for HTC EVO, Nexus One, Droid, Hero and Other Android Phones

Hey PopGunn

THis is what they tell all of us when we call HTC of Sprint...first of all do not partition your MAC and put windows on it..there is no need for that and that can cost a little money and cause some major programs whit windows...like getting all of their viruses....
    If you go to a site called Missing Sync for Android and download it to your computer(its only $29) and then got the the apps store for the Missing Sync app you can then sync everything to your EVO and mac...its really great

Have any questions, you can email me any time.
    Spike

Quote Originally Posted by PopGunn View Post
    I just got off the phone with HTC and they have told me that the new HTC EVO 4G is NOT MAC Compatible. In other words, you can not sync your MAC computer with your phone! So you can not back up, modify, or do any work on your MAC computer and transfer it to your phone. This means that if your phone has any information problems or you loose your phone - you are out of luck. When I talked to the HTC representative she was very apologetic but she said that she has heard nothing from HTC that they are even considering to provide MAC compatible software - ever!!! Her suggestion is that I partition my hard drive and put a MAC friendly Windows program like "Parallels" and then install Windows on my MAC.
    When I talked to HTC this is what they told me...I am have the same issues...

Thank you for your inquiry regarding synchronizing your Android device to your MAC. At this time, HTC does not offer software support for MAC. However; I can understand how synchronizing your device is important, and I have provided some suggestions for you to accomplish this task. Note: HTC does not support third party applications. You use these third party applications at your own risk, and HTC is not liable if your phone becomes damaged, or information is lost. I have knowledge of two websites that exist to help customers with this task. The first is Sync Software for Mobile Smartphones to Mac OS X, Windows XP and Windows Vista - Sync Mac and PC!. This is the source of an application called Missing Sync. This is recommended by many of our customers that utilize MAC. Also, I can recommend Spanning Sync Blog. This is the source of an application called Spanning Sync. This is also recommended by many of our customers. HTC cannot guarantee that these programs will work for you, and we do not have any information about the pricing or lack thereof regarding these applications. However; I do believe this will get you started with synchronizing your HTC device to your MAC. You can contact HTC Technical Support via telephone by calling 866.449.8358 between 6AM 1AM EST, seven days a week

Hope this helps

If you have an intel based mac you can install parallels on it.
    My Droid Gets Its Wallpaper From SmartPhone Wallpaper

FREE Mac OSX Tethering

i just got an ipad and was wondering if there was any way to get around the 30 dollar hot spot charge? I have pdanet to tether to macbook but do not want to root the phone, too chicken
    Use Easy Tether and connect direct via USB on a Mac. No WiFi - no rooting needed. FREE!

Easy Tether Checklist

In ET -
    Menu/Setup Wizard
    Download drivers on Mac (done)
    Enable USB Debug in Settings/Applications/Development
    Connect cable - (say NO to Mobile BroadBand or Internet Sharing on phone if asked)

In OSX
    System Preferences/Network
    Choose Easy Tether
    Configure IPv4
    Apply

Quote Originally Posted by Evo Longoria View Post
    Use Easy Tether and connect direct via USB on a Mac. No WiFi - no rooting needed. FREE!

Easy Tether Checklist

In ET -
    Menu/Setup Wizard
    Download drivers on Mac (done)
    Enable USB Debug in Settings/Applications/Development
    Connect cable - (say NO to Mobile BroadBand or Internet Sharing on phone if asked)

In OSX
    System Preferences/Network
    Choose Easy Tether
    Configure IPv4
    Apply
    Easy tether will not work for an ipad. If you don't want to pay sprint for something you already pay and want to have data on your ipad then the only way is to root your phone and use wifi tether app or flash a rom with the sprint hot spot hacked.

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk

Free! Full Body Protection for your smartphone.
    http://stealthguards.com/idevaffilia...ate.php?id=417

deception by htc evo

Quote Originally Posted by PopGunn View Post
    I just got off the phone with HTC and they have told me that the new HTC EVO 4G is NOT MAC Compatible. In other words, you can not sync your MAC computer with your phone! So you can not back up, modify, or do any work on your MAC computer and transfer it to your phone. This means that if your phone has any information problems or you loose your phone - you are out of luck. When I talked to the HTC representative she was very apologetic but she said that she has heard nothing from HTC that they are even considering to provide MAC compatible software - ever!!! Her suggestion is that I partition my hard drive and put a MAC friendly Windows program like "Parallels" and then install Windows on my MAC.
    i bought the htc evo two years ago october and i was told then that i would be able to sync htc evo and mac within a month or so ?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links