HTC EVO 4G - NOT MAC Compatible !!!

This is a discussion on HTC EVO 4G - NOT MAC Compatible !!! within the Motorola i1 forums, part of the Motorola Android Phones category; I just got off the phone with HTC and they have told me that the new HTC EVO 4G is NOT MAC Compatible. In other ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HTC EVO 4G - NOT MAC Compatible !!!

Angry HTC EVO 4G - NOT MAC Compatible !!!

I just got off the phone with HTC and they have told me that the new HTC EVO 4G is NOT MAC Compatible. In other words, you can not sync your MAC computer with your phone! So you can not back up, modify, or do any work on your MAC computer and transfer it to your phone. This means that if your phone has any information problems or you loose your phone - you are out of luck. When I talked to the HTC representative she was very apologetic but she said that she has heard nothing from HTC that they are even considering to provide MAC compatible software - ever!!! Her suggestion is that I partition my hard drive and put a MAC friendly Windows program like "Parallels" and then install Windows on my MAC.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Can you put the SD card into your Mac using an adapter? I believe that Macs can read FAT32 formatted SD cards, but I'm not sure what format the phone uses.

When I talked to HTC this is what they told me...I am have the same issues...

Thank you for your inquiry regarding synchronizing your Android device to your MAC. At this time, HTC does not offer software support for MAC. However; I can understand how synchronizing your device is important, and I have provided some suggestions for you to accomplish this task. Note: HTC does not support third party applications. You use these third party applications at your own risk, and HTC is not liable if your phone becomes damaged, or information is lost. I have knowledge of two websites that exist to help customers with this task. The first is Sync Software for Mobile Smartphones to Mac OS X, Windows XP and Windows Vista - Sync Mac and PC!. This is the source of an application called Missing Sync. This is recommended by many of our customers that utilize MAC. Also, I can recommend http://blog.spanningsync.com. This is the source of an application called Spanning Sync. This is also recommended by many of our customers. HTC cannot guarantee that these programs will work for you, and we do not have any information about the pricing or lack thereof regarding these applications. However; I do believe this will get you started with synchronizing your HTC device to your MAC. You can contact HTC Technical Support via telephone by calling 866.449.8358 between 6AM – 1AM EST, seven days a week

Hope this helps

I have some friends that had the same problem and they said salling media sync and music bridge are a few options. Its worth a shot

Does anyone know if the evo will work with office for mac?

The Evo isn't totally incompatible with the Mac. You can connect it in USB mode to view SD card contents. When I connect mine Image Capture starts, which allows me to backup photos and music to my iMac.

Yes it is not directly compatible with MAC OS, but now there are plenty of ways around this...

You can download applications from the market which will backup your Evo, and can be done without ever having to even plug in your phone. (Just search "backup", there are free apps that accomplish this very well)

I use the MIQ Live application, free from Best Buy, which rocks!

If you want document's on your phone from your computer, I would suggest Awesome Drop application. This is by far the easiest way to push files to your phone, even music. Pretty cool.
    Hope that helps!

I plug in my Evo to my Mac almost everyday and put stuff on my phone and vice versa. I'm quite capable of managing files on my phone with no problem. I keep a file on my computer for backup in case I lose files on my phone and I have downloaded AppSaver to my phone and keep my apps backed up there as well. No it won't sync up your calendar or contacts, but then again I don't need those as much as someone else may. And I manage contacts manually anyway.

how to tether evo to ipad

i just got an ipad and was wondering if there was any way to get around the 30 dollar hot spot charge? I have pdanet to tether to macbook but do not want to root the phone, too chicken

I'm wondering where the problem is. We're a pure MAC family and just swapped a BB for an EVO. Hooked it up to my MacBook Pro and dragged & dropped from iTunes. No need to sync since we use Google Calendar, contacts & mail. Makes it easy.

Baja.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links