Battery Consumption?

This is a discussion on Battery Consumption? within the Motorola i1 forums, part of the Motorola Android Phones category; Hi everyone, Iím new to the forum. At work we issue Nextel radio/phones to our workers and the managers get the Blackberry Curves so they ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Battery Consumption?

Battery Consumption?

Hi everyone, Iím new to the forum. At work we issue Nextel radio/phones to our workers and the managers get the Blackberry Curves so they can have email along with PTT and cell phone. Iím kind of the ranking manager so Friday I got the Motorola i1 phone with PTT Nextel with Sprint as the carrier.

My first concern is with battery power consumption. The first couple of days I wasnít able to come close to making the work day without re-charging. Iíve read a number of threads on this forum and from that I downloaded Startup Cleaner app. That app showed 4 apps that was running in the background so I unchecked them. Startup Cleaner looks like a helpful app. I have also made sure that when Iím not in WiFi I turn that off and the same for Bluetooth. Iíve unchecked to play audible tone when making screen selection. I unchecked to vibrate on touch, even though it still vibrates on touch with it unchecked. I have screen timeout set at 30 secís. I have Auto-Sync turned off in Data synchronization and I have Background data unchecked. I have GPS satellites unchecked but I do have Use Wireless Networks and Use Cellular Networks checked.

When I turned on the phone this morning at 7am the battery was at 100%, now it 10:30 am and it is already at 35%. When I hold the phone the battery feels warm thru the back cover. Is that normal? Can anyone help?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

It sounds like your phone isn't sleeping properly. There is an app in the market called Spare Parts. Download it, and click battery history and then in the top drop down menu there is an option called Partial wake usage. Click that and then look at the list. If there is anything at the the top that has the blue bar filling up a significant chunk of that item then that's what's causing it. Also, SystemPanel has a monitoring function that will help you find any rogue apps that are causing problems.

Startup Cleaner really isn't that helpful because it doesn't prevent apps from starting, it just kills them once they have. Those apps that it is killing arent actually running or using battery, they are completely dormant. When Startup Cleaner kills them, they will eventually reload again which uses more battery than just letting them sit there doing nothing.

Check the partial wake usage and let me know what you find.

Ok, thanks. I downloaded Spare Parts, in Partial Wake Usage is shows Android System at about 50% of the bar, Media with just a little and everything a little less. You said something about system panel, is that in Spare Parts? I don't see it.

Also, if I open Spare Parts on the first page it shows "Running (93.4%) and Screen on (89.5%). do you know if this is good or bad?

Yeah your phone is definitely not sleeping. When was the last time you rebooted it?

SystemPanel is a paid app from the market, it has a lite version but you need the full version in order to use the monitoring.

MetalHead, also I noticed that the little globe in the top bar has the up & down arrows on all of the time. I assume that this is telling me that the phone is accessing the web. Why would that be?

Quote Originally Posted by Bluesjam View Post
    MetalHead, also I noticed that the little globe in the top bar has the up & down arrows on all of the time. I assume that this is telling me that the phone is accessing the web. Why would that be?
    I can't comment on that one for sure because I have an EVO and my icons are different than yours. It's possible that something is acting up and constantly pulling data.

Try power cycling your phone and see if that clears anything up.

Had to do a master reset and that fixed everything. I really think it was the Craigsphone app that kept locking it up and using power.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluesjam View Post
    Hi everyone, Iím new to the forum. At work we issue Nextel radio/phones to our workers and the managers get the Blackberry Curves so they can have email along with PTT and cell phone. Iím kind of the ranking manager so Friday I got the Motorola i1 phone with PTT Nextel with Sprint as the carrier.

My first concern is with battery power consumption. The first couple of days I wasnít able to come close to making the work day without re-charging. Iíve read a number of threads on this forum and from that I downloaded Startup Cleaner app. That app showed 4 apps that was running in the background so I unchecked them. Startup Cleaner looks like a helpful app. I have also made sure that when Iím not in WiFi I turn that off and the same for Bluetooth. Iíve unchecked to play audible tone when making screen selection. I unchecked to vibrate on touch, even though it still vibrates on touch with it unchecked. I have screen timeout set at 30 secís. I have Auto-Sync turned off in Data synchronization and I have Background data unchecked. I have GPS satellites unchecked but I do have Use Wireless Networks and Use Cellular Networks checked.

When I turned on the phone this morning at 7am the battery was at 100%, now it 10:30 am and it is already at 35%. When I hold the phone the battery feels warm thru the back cover. Is that normal? Can anyone help?
    i am not sure about the exact solution because i didn't know the exact fault and i can't know the exact fault before check the phone.
    But i think it is your battery problem try to change the battery if you faced again this problem then it would be your ic problem.Sometime ic got damage and cause for battery empty.

i lost my charger and when i connect my phone throught a computer the blue light turns on and i connected it my i1 with another charger it wont turn on complete just the motorola icon appears whats going on?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links