Photon Camera Shutter Sound

This is a discussion on Photon Camera Shutter Sound within the Motorola Photon Tech Support forums, part of the Motorola Photon category; Hey All: Ima new here & I just got the Photon yesterday and am so far happy with it - barring a few slight details ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By SLAG IT!

Thread: Photon Camera Shutter Sound

Photon Camera Shutter Sound

Hey All: Ima new here & I just got the Photon yesterday and am so far happy with it - barring a few slight details i hope to figure out soon...

The most annoying of which is the shutter sound on the camera. It's LOUD! I looked to the best of my ability to turn it off, but no go...has anyone found a way to disable the noise? (and I have tried silencing the phone - doesn't work either)

any suggestions will be greatly appreciated

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Welcome to the forum. I do not think that it can be shut off. You can try and look at Sprint.com/learn

I bought one on sunday, had the EVO broke the screen after a year..got the EVO 3d..laughed at the silly blurry excuse for 3d and returned it.
    bought the Photon...meh, its okay..build quality is better than the rattly ole EVO 3D. I does feel like its solidly built.

I dont know how to turn off the shutter sound either..but it is very loud and annoying.

here are a few things that I did to make the Photon tolerable.

installed LauncherPro as the default laucnher
    installed widget locker so I dont have that choppy laggy Motorola lockscreen
    installed smartkeyboard...no more keyboard lag and you get arrows again
    installed quickpic..no more weird motoblur inspired photo gallery
    uninstalled all of the sprint bloatware

I have no idea why this thing makes noises for everything..seems like every time I walk by it it chirps about something.

Sense UI on HTC seem to be a bit smoother and cleaner than this MotoBlur rendition..Sense is just more intuitive...but the latest EVO 3D is junk, so I had to settle for the Photon.

The Photon would really pwn if it was just basic solid Android without all the other crap.

My Photon issues so far:

- led doesnt light up most of the time when charging.
    - battery life stinks
    - makes all sorts of noise when device is fully charged and you try to use it while its still plugged in
    - notification noises are all the same..I dont know what noise is what
    - camera sound is to loud
    - after ending a call..and the other party hangs up first. and you take the phone from your face..the screen doesnt light up.
    - cant find spare batteries
    - only motorola chargers work as this thing requires 5.1v instead of the normal 5.0v to charge
    - cant find a decent case like the Casemate "Barely There" case yet
    -

The sounds are something that Motorola decided that people would appreciate the expensive sounding camera click. (most people dispise it)

Go to Motorola's website and post all of that on their website. Then send them feedback stating the problems and asking if they intend to fix it. The old saying goes, "you attract more bees with honey than vinegar." No matter how upsetting it gets, overwhelm them by being polite. It works. :D
    Last edited by SLAG IT!; 08-02-2011 at 05:39 PM.
    shainfu and furbearingmammal like this.

app for the click

Quote Originally Posted by SLAG IT! View Post
    The sounds are something that Motorola decided that people would appreciate the expensive sounding camera click. (most people dispise it)

Go to Motorola's website and post all of that on their website. Then send them feedback stating the problems and asking if they intend to fix it. The old saying goes, "you attract more bees with honey than vinegar." No matter how upsetting it gets, overwhelm them by being polite. It works. :D
    Check Silentsnap. There is advertising for the free version. Works well for me

You can also just search in google and type known photon issues and they have already provided a fix.

Hello!! Here is a simple easy solution I found on the Motorola forums in a post by motojl123:

"I've posted the source code and APK here:

https://sites.google.com/site/enforcedstreamsilencer/

To use it:
    * download the APK to your phone
    * browse to the file with the "Files" application
    * enable "Unknown Sources" in Application Settings (which you are prompted to do if you try to open it from Files app
    * open the app and check the checkbox

Then you can test the stock Camera app and you shouldn't have the Click anymore.

Hope that helps."

I did this and it works perfectly without some stupid full app!

​All thanks to motojl123!!!

JAKOBE--not sure you have figured out some of these issues, but i bought a TPU cover from EBAY (china) and it works fine--the only issue is that i have the dock for the PHOTON and with the case on--you cannot use the dock--i had to remove the adapter on the dock and cut the holes on the side bigger--so the phone will fit all the way into the dock--but if you do not have the dock--you are all good. Try EBAY again for spare batteries as well

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links