[Root only] Triumph Boot Sounds - Solution and Help

This is a discussion on [Root only] Triumph Boot Sounds - Solution and Help within the Motorola Triumph forums, part of the Motorola Android Phones category; If you can't seem to get the boot sounds to disappear on the Triumph, I might have come across something that's a partial solution... I ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jntdroid

Thread: [Root only] Triumph Boot Sounds - Solution and Help

2 times

[Root only] Triumph Boot Sounds - Solution and Help

If you can't seem to get the boot sounds to disappear on the Triumph, I might have come across something that's a partial solution...

I haven't solved the "why", I'm not a coder or xml (I think?) guy. But I have figured out what's controlling that and causing them to play. If you look in /system/bin, there is a "bootanimation" file. I opened it up in a text editor, and most of it is garbled (need a hex editor?), but I found this text near the end of it (sorry it's not organized, simply copying from notepad):

debug.sf.nobootanimation 0 %0 80 persist.sys.playBootSnd 1 BootAnimation Get property persist.sys.playBootSnd as %s. /hidden/data/Power-on sound/ Open DIR %s OK. Find file %s. .. %s%s Open file %s OK. Open file %s failed. Open DIR %s failed. Set boot sound %s. /system/media/audio/notifications/DearDeer.ogg Get boot animation from path /data/local/bootanimation.zip Get boot animation from path /system/media/bootanimation.zip Get boot animation from path /hidden/data/Power-on animation/bootanimation.zip Get boot animation from path /hidden/data/PowerOnAnimation/bootanimation.zip Use default Android boot animation. desc.txt descMap is null %d %d %d p %d %d %s images/android-logo-mask.png images/android-logo-shine.png

There is also a reference to /system/bin/linker near the top of that file, but I could find nothing inside the "linker" file.

What's odd is there are a couple of directory references that just flat out don't exist - as well as a couple of image file references. Unless they're somehow hidden...

Long story short, if you remove the bootanimation file from /system/bin (move to sd or rename, I wouldn't delete it), all sounds and bootanimations are gone - you get a blank screen for a few seconds between the "M" Logo and the main lockscreen.

I have seen no ill effects from removing that file - which makes sense.

Now, that's not an ultimate solution. When that file is removed, there seems to be no way to get any sort of boot animation between the M and lockscreen. I kind of like at least having the simple Android logo - but for now, I prefer blank with no sound.

I would imagine some tweaks to that file could fix the problem ultimately, and hopefully someone smarter than me can come along and figure that out!
    furbearingmammal likes this.
    "...life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it."

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

just go to hidden/data/ and hidden/data/CDA/content and you will see your sounds and everything in there =]

- just replace them with a silent mp3 file =]

So I tried the same thing and successfuly changed my tone. I also noticed 2 file locations with the same file

1. Hidden/data/cda/content/startup sound...

2. Hidden/data/power on sound...

both had the same mp3 file. I also tried (and this is where I show my noobness) the same method with the boot animation. Same file paths. I had success with the audio and the first 2 image changes doing a simple cut and paste replacement of the file

Then I tried a third .zip file and it worked but I didn't like it as much and when I tried to switch back to my second one, the file stayed in the location but on reboot the 3rd file still played. So I deleted the 3rd file and now all that shows up is the m and then the slide lock homescreen. I even tried to put the original VM animation back and still nothing and it killed the sound too.

So what to do? I am open to any sugestions

I should have practiced this stuff on my Samsung intercept. At least if I brick that one its not a big loss

rooted noob on motorola triumph
    Last edited by maclaren; 08-16-2011 at 01:13 AM.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links