ClockworkMod Recovery for Motorola Triumph

This is a discussion on ClockworkMod Recovery for Motorola Triumph within the Motorola Triumph forums, part of the Motorola Android Phones category; Thanks to ikarosdev(isaacj87) over in the Triumph section at androidforums.com for this CWM build. He's also working on porting CM7 to this phone - has ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ClockworkMod Recovery for Motorola Triumph

ClockworkMod Recovery for Motorola Triumph

Thanks to ikarosdev(isaacj87) over in the Triumph section at androidforums.com for this CWM build. He's also working on porting CM7 to this phone - has it booted, but that's about it so far.

This was done in Windows 7. I would imagine it would work similarly in XP and Vista. Not sure about Mac/Linux... the main issue potentially being the drivers.

Instructions:
    • Ensure that file extensions are not hidden in Windows (see here if you need more info on why/how)
    • Download the file: Dropbox - CWM4.0.1.4recovery.img - Simplify your life - rename to "recovery.img"
    • Power off your phone
    • Plug your usb cord into your computer, but do not plug it into your phone yet
    • Press and hold volume-down, then press and hold the power button until you see the following:
      • Incoming Download Mode
      • polling, get oemsbl_mode = 1 (repeats)
    • Once you see that repeating, plug the USB cable into your phone
    • Give it a minute to install the drivers, then a popup will show up about your new drive
    • Open the folder, and you should see an "image" directory.
    • Open the "image" directory, and you'll see a list of files - one of them should be recovery.img
    • Move the recovery.img file out of that directory and back it up. Save it to your sd card, your Dropbox, or wherever, but keep a backup. Maybe rename it to something so you know it's the original stock recovery.
    • Take the file from the first step and copy it into the "image" directory from where we just pulled the other file - make sure it's named precisely "recovery.img"
    • Just to be safe, go to "My Computer", right click on the drive and eject, and then unplug the usb cord.
    • Do a battery pull to get out of the polling loop (only way out)
    • Hold down volume-up and volume down at the same time, then press and hold the power button - hold all of them down until you get into ClockworkMod Recovery. You should see the "M" logo for at least a few seconds before CWM loads up.
    • And you're done! See below for the key mapping/controls while navigating CWM.
    Controls while in CWM:
    • Volume Up > Up
    • Volume Down > Down
    • Power > Back
    • Menu > Select
    • Home > Nothing
    • Back > Back
    • Search > Nothing
    Thanks again to isaacj87/ikarosdev for this build and for working on CM7.
    "...life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it."

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

The link to the img is broken. Man, and just when my fingers were coordinated enough to get into download mode!

should be good now - sorry about that!

Saweet!

Link works fine now, downloaded in a jiffy, and wammo! Just like cake. Thanks! Now if I could just get that Hulu Plus edit to work like everyone says it's supposed to. Just can't leave things alone...

Ok I'm glad I found this link. Basically I was just trying to figure out WTF was wrong with my Triumph, and apparently it's not left hander friendly because I guess I'm hitting Vol up/dn and power. I have no wish to mess with my OS, just want to use the stupid thing. Virgin Mobile was no help. They just reset my phone.

Anyone else having a problem connected with this where it first says "searching for service" ? Basically my service disappears, I'd power the phone off and on and then get the Bootloader.

If you're powering it off then on and getting the bootloader, then either something is wrong with the phone, or you're accidentally holding down the volume buttons (especially since they're opposite the power button!).

As far as service goes, some Triumph's were lemons from what it sounds like, and some had radios that didn't function real well. However, Virgin's network simply tends to suck at times, so it could also be that.

Hey i got the CWM on my triumph but when i click on the flash CWM recovery button it asks me to verify my phone model # and there are no model #'s provided that look remotely like the triumphs. Whats up with that? Anyone know?

Sent from my MOTWX435KT using Android.net

Quote Originally Posted by maclaren View Post
    Hey i got the CWM on my triumph but when i click on the flash CWM recovery button it asks me to verify my phone model # and there are no model #'s provided that look remotely like the triumphs. Whats up with that? Anyone know?

Sent from my MOTWX435KT using Android.net
    Rom Manager doesn't support the Triumph, so you have to flash stuff manually

Quote Originally Posted by jntdroid View Post
    Rom Manager doesn't support the Triumph, so you have to flash stuff manually
    SUCKS!!! But I guess i can figure it out from your inst. Thanks

Bollocks... successfully flashed cwm... and the Umph kernel. Anyone know what if any progress is being made on triumph support for rom manager? I see from other threads that lots of other things are being dev'd so hopefully we'll have lots of options soon enough...
    Last edited by maclaren; 08-28-2011 at 04:25 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links