[GUIDE] Milestone XT720 - Apps2SD and Froyo JIT

This is a discussion on [GUIDE] Milestone XT720 - Apps2SD and Froyo JIT within the Motorola XT720 forums, part of the Motorola Android Phones category; Successfully installed apps2sd, jit and theme without error on my singapore xt720 with us firmware(it show STR_U2_03.20.1 on my device after v4 run? Before is ...

Page 11 of 41 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: [GUIDE] Milestone XT720 - Apps2SD and Froyo JIT

Successfully installed apps2sd, jit and theme without error on my singapore xt720 with us firmware(it show STR_U2_03.20.1 on my device after v4 run? Before is STR_U2 04.1E.1).
    Lipack avg... 8.24 (5 times run)
    Quadrant Benchmark... 574 (5 times run)
    Camera still got lines on screen( no more lines on italy rom and optmizer v3 ), may be because of v4 is special for russia rom and still on testing.
    I am still not sure about battery consumption. Later i will update it.
    BTW Mr Navalynt I really thank to you for your hard work for us. Thank!

Quote Originally Posted by pswin09 View Post
    Successfully installed apps2sd, jit and theme without error on my singapore xt720 with us firmware(it show STR_U2_03.20.1 on my device after v4 run? Before is STR_U2 04.1E.1).
    Lipack avg... 8.24 (5 times run)
    Quadrant Benchmark... 574 (5 times run)
    Camera still got lines on screen( no more lines on italy rom and optmizer v3 ), may be because of v4 is special for russia rom and still on testing.
    I am still not sure about battery consumption. Later i will update it.
    BTW Mr Navalynt I really thank to you for your hard work for us. Thank!
    Installed STR_U2 04.1E.1 with jit using v3 optimizer.
    It shows STR_U2 02.1E.0 after jit.

Linpack around 8.3.
    Camera (photo) seems much faster. I had to install APN for Italy since this version does not have them.
    Looking for optimizer v5

I will report on battery tomorrow.

Yeah, each version was paired to a specific SBF file so it has the build.prop from that SBF. Therefore if you if you use v3 or v4 with the US SBF files that were recently posted it will be using the wrong build.prop.

Can make a version of optimizer for korean motoroi? It will be much appreciated. Thank you, you are a legend in this community. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Navalynt View Post
    Yeah, each version was paired to a specific SBF file so it has the build.prop from that SBF. Therefore if you if you use v3 or v4 with the US SBF files that were recently posted it will be using the wrong build.prop.

Sent from my XT720 using Tapatalk

XT720 OPTIMIZER V5 - US CBW U2_04.1E.1 BASE

*Edit: Updated the script to fix dalvik-cache (it was not moving to /cache correctly). Verified that apps are installing to ext3 partition and dalvik-cache is now installing to /cache partition.

All the usual, plus added what should be a working hacked version of Verizon's NFL application and some Star Wars live wallpapers (which I think I also had in a previous release).

In this release the cleanup script DOES NOT remove the MotoHome.apk so your default home/launcher is still there if you want to use it.

Wow, thank you!

Sent from my Milestone XT720 using Tapatalk

I found a few minor bugs in the V4 Russia SBF version, very minor that is doesn't affect the performance... but just an eyesore.. Hahaha...
    If you were to Step 4 - deleting the apps.
    At Settings -> Applications -> Manage Applications -> Filter -> Downloaded -> All the deleted apps will be displayed there...

Another that I saw was the '&' symbol on the stock keyboard, it's displayed as '&amp'...
    :D

You're da man!!! :D *thumbs up*

p.s. Btw, can i know the way to edit the GUI? I would like to work on the nexTheme, or maybe create a theme myself...

my new v5 benchmark running on stock speed.

Thank a lot!

Theme Porter Thread on XDA
    services.jar Tutorial
    Status Bar XML Tutorials

The links above provide most of the information you need to port a theme to the XT720.

Using your ADB access from a computer type in: adb pull /system

This will pull the entire system directory from your phone to the working directory on your computer. For theming what you need are the /system/app directory the /system/framework directory. In the framework folder the primary files to edit are framework-res.apk and services.jar.

It's a pain-in-the-butt the first time, but it gets easier after a few themes. Just keep in mind that even on the same phone you need to start from scratch for each new software update! Trying to re-use the framework-res.apk or services.jar between different software releases is ill advised.

Page 11 of 41 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links