[GUIDE] Milestone XT720 - Apps2SD and Froyo JIT

This is a discussion on [GUIDE] Milestone XT720 - Apps2SD and Froyo JIT within the Motorola XT720 forums, part of the Motorola Android Phones category; Originally Posted by Navalynt Originally Posted by Mazinkaiser really bad, nava what happened if i try to load your optimizer on italy firmware? As mentioned ...

Page 13 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: [GUIDE] Milestone XT720 - Apps2SD and Froyo JIT

Quote Originally Posted by Navalynt View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazinkaiser View Post
    really bad, nava what happened if i try to load your optimizer on italy firmware?
    As mentioned in the first you post you MUST flash the US CBW firmware first. It's still the same WCDMA frequencies as the Central Europe, Italy, and Russia version so it shouldn't cause a problem. If you look back a few pages you'll find links to v3 which is paired to Italy firmware and v4 which is paired to the Russian firmware.

My XT720 is the only one I can 100% vouch for and it was originally a Singapore model but is now flashed over with the US CBW firmware and working perfectly fine. I don't see why this wouldn't work for other European or Asian XT720 models but it's entirely at your own risk.

I will try this on my south asian rom. do I hav to edit anything before I could use your optimizer? if so please let me know what I need to do. thanks

Someone who have the jit and 720mhz (or more OC) enabled could make a little HD capture with some fast motion on screen (like car traffic) and upload it on youtube please? just curious of the benefit

@Navalynt, mind guide me on how to remove all of the NexTheme skins except the status bar? I'm not good at dealing with theme modifications. Thanks alot.

busybox

in the OP you have the following for busybox.

"Step Four: ROOT!
    Run the Universal Androot application and tap on Root :-) (wait for it to finish before going back to home screen)
    Run the BusyBox application, tap on Install, then tap on OK when the Superuser Permissions dialogue box pops up."

I have installed the apps2d and froyo JIT but the step that calls for "Run the BusyBox application" I wasn't able to execute. What is it used for and is it needed or was it installed by a script possibly? Everything seems to be working as it should on the device but that step was skipped or so it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by tmoore View Post
    in the OP you have the following for busybox.

"Step Four: ROOT!
    Run the Universal Androot application and tap on Root :-) (wait for it to finish before going back to home screen)
    Run the BusyBox application, tap on Install, then tap on OK when the Superuser Permissions dialogue box pops up."

I have installed the apps2d and froyo JIT but the step that calls for "Run the BusyBox application" I wasn't able to execute. What is it used for and is it needed or was it installed by a script possibly? Everything seems to be working as it should on the device but that step was skipped or so it seems.
    Whoops, forgot to remove that! I set the script to install busybox so using the market app to perform that step is redundant. 1st post is fixed

FYI, I'm still getting "Low System Memory" when recording video and HD recording is still coming out really choppy. I wonder if anyone at Motorola actually ran some tests of the HD recording before they starting marketing it as a feature.

Oh well, I think this is about as good as it gets until we see some 2.2 action from Motorola or a custom recovery.

@Navalynt, i posted something about the theme above. Could you help me with that?

Quote Originally Posted by progenx View Post
    @Navalynt, i posted something about the theme above. Could you help me with that?
    I really don't know. I've never created a theme, just ported and changed a few misc. things.

So what's everyone scoring on the Quadrant benchmark?

I'm using Euro ROM and JIT (no apps2sd) with stock SD and getting a score of only 647 @ overclocked at 1000MHz and 733 @ 1200MHz.

Is there something wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by wucifer View Post
    So what's everyone scoring on the Quadrant benchmark?

I'm using Euro ROM and JIT (no apps2sd) with stock SD and getting a score of only 647 @ overclocked at 1000MHz and 733 @ 1200MHz.

Is there something wrong?
    I got 653 @ 1ghz, so it sounds about right.
    775 @ 1.2ghz

Why are you now using the Cincinatti bell US firmware? What pros does it have that the Europe open doesn't?

This one runs DLNA and 720Mhz too

Page 13 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links