[GUIDE] Milestone XT720 - Apps2SD and Froyo JIT

This is a discussion on [GUIDE] Milestone XT720 - Apps2SD and Froyo JIT within the Motorola XT720 forums, part of the Motorola Android Phones category; what app did you use to format 64KB clusters?...

Page 16 of 41 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: [GUIDE] Milestone XT720 - Apps2SD and Froyo JIT

what app did you use to format 64KB clusters?

Quote Originally Posted by solnyshok View Post
    what app did you use to format 64KB clusters?
    Phone set to memory card access, and then format with Windows, just set "size of allocation unit" or what it's in English =)

I even did all the partitioning through this mode, and an app called
    "MiniTool Partition Wizard Home Edition"

I installed the russian firmware.
    I have a problem with the market: prices of all the application are extremely high. It seems that the price is in russian rubli (RUB) but it is displayed as € (EUR).
    Someone know how to solve this?

I'm glad to hear you guys testing out the other firmwares! I just don't have the time for that right now

So, is the general consensus that the Russian firmware is the current performance leader? I had version 4 of the optimizer setup already for the Russian firmware but moved on to version 5 and altered for US CBW version. I can go back to the Russian firmware and juice up a version 6 tonight to test out. Specifically, I can edit a new build.prop to give it the fingerprint of the US version so the market shows in US dollars.

It's to early for me to confirm that the russian firmware is better than European and US that seem to be the same.
    If you make a new optimizer, please make one for europe too with market in EUR :-)

Russian build is Aug 4, i.e. about 2 weeks newer than CBW build, also some google services (if that is gms) are newer. I used your script to upgrade russian build, had to manually edit install.sh to comment out commands referencing to copying build.prop. This helps to keep proper locale, and language customizations. Ru firmware by default has RU-EN keyboard with easy switching between two. I also noticed that your script still copies MilestoneOverclock to memory, commented that out too.

I think we would be better off, if build.prop param experiments are explained so that people with various regional firmwares, can easily upgrade JIT and move Apps2sd, then manually add what is important to them, to build.prop.

I had to compare my current build.prop with one in the optimizer, and here is what I noticed

raised WiFi scan interval from 45 to 90
    reduced call delay from 3sec to 800msec
    windows manager 60 fps
    dalvik int:jit
    heapsize - raised from 28M to 38M. Here I am not sure that it is good for a device with so little memory. I actually try to reduce heap size to 24M to allow more programs stay in memory, to prevent closing of background apps.
    also I noticed that you raised video encoing bps from 3MBps to 6. Will have to test if there is any improvement in video quality.

Hi there, i'm allso on the russian firmware now, have a class 10 16Gig SDHC card on the european firmware still lags sometime so it is not the SD card that gives the recording problems. Now on russian firmware, removed the MobiDiv keyboard so have normal android keyboard now. Can confirm that HD recording is smooth now with 21fps in low light conditions. Will try in daylight and see if the fps will become better or stay at 21. Hope together we can come to a perfect HD recording as long as Motorola does not produce a fix.

Quote Originally Posted by tond View Post
    I have a problem with the market: prices of all the application are extremely high. It seems that the price is in russian rubli (RUB) but it is displayed as (EUR).
    I have the same problem with te prices in the app market. I do not buy things from the app market so it is not that big a problem for me. But still trying to make the prices OK, no success yet. Anybody has any idea how to solve this??

P.S. Recording with russian firmware in daylight still 20fps...... but stable no lag.

I have a problem with the market: prices of all the application are extremely high. It seems that the price is in russian rubli (RUB) but it is displayed as (EUR).
    Strange, I get SEK which is the correct value for me.
    And when I press buy, it has correctly converted the currency.

And I didn't change anything.

Quote Originally Posted by shinobi View Post
    Strange, I get SEK which is the correct value for me.
    And when I press buy, it has correctly converted the currency.

And I didn't change anything.
    I allso have the right currency but the price is 33,5 instead of 0,99 so it is still in russian price only the currency symbol has changed..

Page 16 of 41 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links