[GUIDE] Milestone XT720 - Apps2SD and Froyo JIT

This is a discussion on [GUIDE] Milestone XT720 - Apps2SD and Froyo JIT within the Motorola XT720 forums, part of the Motorola Android Phones category; Gommers please upload on megaupload or youtube for check video quality if you can. (the choppy HD recording is the only thing that holds me ...

Page 17 of 41 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: [GUIDE] Milestone XT720 - Apps2SD and Froyo JIT

Gommers please upload on megaupload or youtube for check video quality if you can.
    (the choppy HD recording is the only thing that holds me to buy this phone)

AH

i forgot, is possible to zoom during a video? or zooming before start recording (on european milestone, that cannot do).

Well, here's something to play with for the weekend:

European - STR_U2_01.1E.0
    Italian - STR_U2_02.1E.0
    Russian - STR_U2_03.20.1
    US CBW - STR_U2_04.1E.1

TWO themes included: The NexTheme-Mod and a port of Slayher's Genesis theme from CM6. The script is updated to let you choose which one you want to install (if any). I'll upload screenshots of Genesis later this evening.

Each of the build.prop files has been modified with the fingerprint of the US CBW version to hopefully show the Market in US Dollars. I left a copy of the unmodified (original) build.prop file in the folders as well so you guys can make your own changes if you would like.

Also, cleanup script is a separate script in the folder, and it's not working just yet. I'll try to get that fixed later tonight as well and get a big update done to the first post.

Edit: Dalvik-cache is also back on the /system/sd (ext2 partition) for all of the scripts above because there was no performance increase by using the /cache partition

Thank a lot Mr Navalynt. I wouldn't be feel bore this weekend.
    By the way, i have a question to you about moving cache to system cache. When we move dalvik-cache to system cache partation, all system app cache move to cache partation or some part only? Let say our system memory is 173, normally 120 around left before using apps2sd. On my phone when never i use your optamizer v5 that include scripts to install busybox, only one dalvik-cache(system@framework@core.jar@classes.dex) is move to system cache partation.System memory is still left 120 around. Is this correct? In another way, i modify your install.sh(remove the script to install busybox) and use market busybox app to run apps2sd- all system app cache are move to system cache partation. Let's say system cache is down from 106 to 66.5 around.System memory left 165 around.
    So which way is correct? or my phone is something wrong? I am still confusing because i am still new in this android OS. Thank!

Quote Originally Posted by pswin09 View Post
    Thank a lot Mr Navalynt. I wouldn't be feel bore this weekend.
    By the way, i have a question to you about moving cache to system cache. When we move dalvik-cache to system cache partation, all system app cache move to cache partation or some part only? Let say our system memory is 173, normally 120 around left before using apps2sd. On my phone when never i use your optamizer v5 that include scripts to install busybox, only one dalvik-cache(system@framework@core.jar@classes.dex) is move to system cache partation.System memory is still left 120 around. Is this correct? In another way, i modify your install.sh(remove the script to install busybox) and use market busybox app to run apps2sd- all system app cache are move to system cache partition. Let's say system cache is down from 106 to 66.5 around.System memory left 165 around.
    So which way is correct? or my phone is something wrong? I am still confusing because i am still new in this android OS. Thank!
    Well, I did not see any improvement in performance by moving the dalvik-cache to /system instead of the ext2 partition so in the revisions above I actually put it back on /system/sd. Plus, it was flaky for people as to whether or not it would actually move to the /cache partition.

Right now I'm experimenting with bitrates and framerates defined by the build.prop to see if we can get 720p video recording smooth and higher quality across the board. If I get it working nicely I'll update the files linked to above.

If so thank a lot. I don't need to confuse anymore.
    Yeah video quality is still choppy, if we overcome this issue our xt720 really will become powerfull device.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazinkaiser View Post
    Gommers please upload on megaupload or youtube for check video quality if you can.
    (the choppy HD recording is the only thing that holds me to buy this phone)

AH

i forgot, is possible to zoom during a video? or zooming before start recording (on european milestone, that cannot do).
    Hi there, it is not possible for me to upload a video, i can say that HD recording is still noty optimal because of the 21 fps only we need 24 to 30fps for perfect HD recording. Allso the picture quality is not optimal, when you zoom in to the picture allot of "haze" i do not have it that much on my other 8 Megapixel phone.

Thank you Navalynt!
    I compared the original build.prop of the various version and I found that is the "ro.build.fingerprint" string that determine the correct conversion of market prices.

Now I have the russian firmware with all the improvement you made but with the market in EUR

Quote Originally Posted by tond View Post
    Thank you Navalynt!
    I compared the original build.prop of the various version and I found that is the "ro.build.fingerprint" string that determine the correct conversion of market prices.

Now I have the russian firmware with all the improvement you made but with the market in EUR
    Hey thats perfect, what did you change exactly? What ever i change in that line the prices are still incorrect.

Quote Originally Posted by gommers1978 View Post
    Thank you Navalynt!

Hey thats perfect, what did you change exactly? What ever i change in that line the prices are still incorrect.

I just pasted the complete "ro.build.fingerprint" line from the original italian build.prop to the modified build.prop, then applied again the "sh install.sh", selecting only the jit installation, through adb.

For Italy, the correct string should be the following:
    ro.build.fingerprint=Motorola/STR_RTIT/sholest/sholes:2.1-update1/STR_U2_02.1E.0/1279100914:user/release-keys

Probably the best thing is to copy the european .fingerprint line from the original build.prop

Hope this helps!

Quote Originally Posted by gommers1978 View Post
    Thank you Navalynt!

I just pasted the complete "ro.build.fingerprint" line from the original italian build.prop to the modified build.prop, then applied again the "sh install.sh", selecting only the jit installation, through adb.

For Italy, the correct string should be the following:
    ro.build.fingerprint=Motorola/STR_RTIT/sholest/sholes:2.1-update1/STR_U2_02.1E.0/1279100914:user/release-keys

Probably the best thing is to copy the european .fingerprint line from the original build.prop

Hope this helps!
    Hi there thx for the quick response, allso tried that but still no luck, get another market (localized) but still prices are 33,1 instead of 0,99 so still in russian price euro sign is there tough. Have done everything you wrote. strange that it does not work for me....

Page 17 of 41 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links