please support PETITION TO PUT XT720 ON UPDATE TIMETABLE
This is a discussion on [GUIDE] Milestone XT720 - Apps2SD and Froyo JIT within the Motorola XT720 forums, part of the Motorola Android Phones category; please support PETITION TO PUT XT720 ON UPDATE TIMETABLE https://supportforums.motorola.com/m.../265394#265394...
please support PETITION TO PUT XT720 ON UPDATE TIMETABLE
Just want to asking, i'm trying using your apps2sd, but why my internal memory still decressing... i thinks apps2sd is not working for eclair... the ext3 is fill the apk file but on the internal phone memory stil decrese.... ?? could u explaint it to me?
The SD card you get with the phone is too slow for a well working a2sd, you're better off just using the built in and saving space for apps.
There is an older optimizer somewhere in this thread you can download, v1 wich moves cache and apps to SD.
As many in this thread has realized though, it doesn't work very well with this phone.
Go vote for XT720 Android 2.2 upgrade instead, that way there will be a more stable way to move apps around later on.
Steps to prepare for installation:
# download app2sd version 2 here
# Unzip the downloaded file and you should see a folder "APP2SD Package".
# Rename "APP2SD Package" folder to "app2sd" and move this folder to MicroSD. (place it in the root: MicroSD card/)
Next, simply connect the XT720 to your computer.
Ensure it is "Charge Only" for USB connection and USB Debugging mode for USB is turned on under Settings > Applications > Development.
Once you have the above checked, go ahead to launch a command prompt and perform the following:
Type: cd/ (to get to the root of your C: drive)
Type: adb devices (you should see your xt serial number showing up. If you do not see serial number, it means there is no connection to your xt)
Type: adb shell
Type: su (make sure you do not see a prompt window on your xt. If you do, grant permission for it to access)
Type: cd /sdcard/app2sd
Type: sh install_use_busybox.sh (trigger installation of App2SD)
Type: y (to confirm that you want to install)
wait for the prompt to show you that App2SD is complete and a reboot is needed for it to take effect.
Type: y (to confirm reboot. You might notice that xt do not reboot by self which is normal)
Type: reboot (if you find xt do not reboot after you enter y as above mentioned)
Enjoy after the reboot... this works yes:D
How to check app2sd working or not?
If u see /data/app1,/data/dalvik-cache1,/data/app-private1 on ur mobile thats mean this work..
Then u need open up terminal emulator and type them one at a time:
rm -r /data/app1
rm -r /data/dalvik-cache1
rm -r /data/app-private1
or if you have root explorer you can go to
/data, you'll see those folders there and you can delete them if you want
I'd suggest doing it through terminal emulator just cause thats how i did it
hope that helps, good luck!
ps/ this method also reinstall apps automatically after u reflash and apply app2sd again...no need to do backup for the apps..
Resposting: So I used this script back when it was v2. What steps would I need to take if I want my phone to be flashed to the newest Russian firmware + using the current version of the optimizer? Currently, my XT720 is using the launch Singaporean Starhub firmware.
Originally Posted by Hahutzy Alright, I just crashed my phone into an infinite FC loop by messing with system/app, so a reflash was in order.
Here's how I successfully flashed it back to stock using Windows 7 32bit (dense text ahead):
1) Search somewhere along the lines of "RSDLite - download here" on google
2) Go inside first link, download the file that's named somewhere along the lines of "RSDLite_4.5.3.zip"
3) Install it.
4) Go to sbf:xt720 [And Developers]
5) Download the 2nd Full Flash rom, the one where the provider is "Southeast Asia"
6) Unzip that file, you now have a .sbf folder (not file)
7) Put that .sbf folder in C:\Users\Admin\My Documents
8) Shut down phone, take out battery
9) Hold Power + Volume Down + Camera buttons all at once
10) Put in the battery while holding those buttons
11) Phone is now in bootloader mode (screen looks like a command prompt)
12) Release the buttons, and plug USB to computer and phone
13) Open RSD Lite, your phone should be detected as connected (Device name was like "S OMAP 3440" or some BS like that)
14) Click "..." to browse for the .sbf file in C:\Users\Admin\My Documents
15) In RSD Lite, click to highlight your connected XT720, and then click "Start". The first column beside the connected phone should now have a green icon thing, and the ROM is being flashed.
16) DO NOT TOUCH YOUR PHONE, THE CABLE, OR THE COMPUTER! (I went and took a dump)
17) When the "Status" column in RSD Lite says "Please manually power up this phone", so shut it down and power it again. Note: The status stays in "Checksum Group 37" for a verrrrryyyy long time before saying "Rebooting". I thought it got stuck there, but it ended up ok.
18) Your XT720 is now reflashed to stock.
19) You can now close RSD Lite. It will complain saying you will damage the attached device, but I pulled it out wayyyy before this (I unhooked it when it told me to reboot manually) and my XT720 is not dead. You may choose to close RSD Lite before unhooking your XT720.
20) Post your results in this thread and confirm or reject my procedure.
spiderx_mm, you may quote this on your first post for others' easy access to this procedure if you so wish to.
Note.... If you want to use optamizer please follow the instructions on first page.
Oh, so I need to flash the unmodified russian firmware first using those instructions and then follow the optimizer on the first page?