[GUIDE] Milestone XT720 - Apps2SD and Froyo JIT

This is a discussion on [GUIDE] Milestone XT720 - Apps2SD and Froyo JIT within the Motorola XT720 forums, part of the Motorola Android Phones category; guys, im racking my brains over here trying to do this...my sdk kit doesnt have adb in the tools folder (at least that i can ...

Page 37 of 41 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: [GUIDE] Milestone XT720 - Apps2SD and Froyo JIT

guys, im racking my brains over here trying to do this...my sdk kit doesnt have adb in the tools folder (at least that i can see) the only thing remotely close i see is 'emulator'. PLEASE help me!

its under the platform tools folder.
    Just bring it over to the tools one.

Merry Christmas!

Quote Originally Posted by cstewbacca View Post
    its under the platform tools folder.
    Just bring it over to the tools one.

Merry Christmas!
    thanks cstew! but now im getting this when trying to install apps2sd...Error loading ext2.ko, exiting script ...

i know i formatted my sd card correctly...what gives?

ok well now ive done it im pretty sure i bricked this phone. i forgot to unroot my phone prior to doing a factory reset and now its stuck on the M logo. ive wiped cache partition, and done a factory reset, then rebooted, but then its gets stuck on the logo. is there anything i can do to save this thing? ive tried plugging it in via usb but rsd lite wont recognize it please help me! thanks!

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by mrmako777 View Post
    ok well now ive done it im pretty sure i bricked this phone. i forgot to unroot my phone prior to doing a factory reset and now its stuck on the M logo. ive wiped cache partition, and done a factory reset, then rebooted, but then its gets stuck on the logo. is there anything i can do to save this thing? ive tried plugging it in via usb but rsd lite wont recognize it please help me! thanks!
    Takeout battery first. Then put back battery, press and hold power buttom + volume up + camera key (all together) to go to boot loader mode. Then plug ur phone to pc. Rsdlite will recognize it.

Quote Originally Posted by pswin09 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mrmako777 View Post
    Takeout battery first. Then put back battery, press and hold power buttom + volume up + camera key (all together) to go to boot loader mode. Then plug ur phone to pc. Rsdlite will recognize it.
    yup, i actually figured it out last night, but thanks for your reply!

Just wanted to let you guys know I got everything working! The issue that I had with ext2 turned out to be caused from prior use of app2card (which didn't work btw). Once I reflashed my phone and tried the script again, everything worked! Thanks for a great write up!

Stupid question

Hello, don't want to sound stupid but I have a few newbie questions

I spoke to a Motorola rep that informed me that they weren't planning on updating the MOTO XT720 to Froyo and I'm really pissed about it. I've been searching for a way to get Flash player working and this site came up.

1) Can I backup the actual software on the phone in case I screw up doing this or if I need to get the phone repaired ?

2) Will this update remove the service provider lock / network lock on the phone ?

3) As I'm using the french dictionnary in the phone, is it included in the cincinnati bell rom / should I use european version instead?

Thanks for all this work. This is so much of a let down from motorola for this phone's users not to release Froyo or Gingerbread...

Anybody know where I can get the stock ROM for Wind Mobile? It's version STR_02_05.1F.2
    I can't find it anywhere. I'd feel alot better if I had the stock ROM to go back to if something went wrong.

Exclamation

For some reason, whenever I use Market, it force closes and doesn't let me download any apps.

Could someone help me with this problem please?

Page 37 of 41 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links