[GUIDE] Milestone XT720 - Apps2SD and Froyo JIT

This is a discussion on [GUIDE] Milestone XT720 - Apps2SD and Froyo JIT within the Motorola XT720 forums, part of the Motorola Android Phones category; The SBF's are a seperate download. sbf:xt720 [And Developers]...

Page 39 of 41 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 LastLast

Thread: [GUIDE] Milestone XT720 - Apps2SD and Froyo JIT

The SBF's are a seperate download. sbf:xt720 [And Developers]

then wht are those files.wht do i do with them???

There are 2 parts, (1) there are sbf files, and there are (2) corresponding optimizer scripts. The scripts are tested with compatible sbfs. So for best results, choose a pair. First get an sbf, flash the same (RSD), then get optimizer script for the same sbf and use it (run install.sh). If like me you have a ROM that is not either of the 4 sbf, likely that running the optimizer script will mess your phone. Well you can edit the script (as I have shown in previous page) but if you're a n00b then don't try it.

Better try a tested pair of sbf + script.

Quote Originally Posted by kousik View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jackfrost3821 View Post
    Hey guys I'm from India.Can I flash XT720 OPTIMIZER USA Cincinati Bell STR_U2_04.1E.1 on my milestone xt720.My milestone has got ASIA-Pacific ROM.Also what is stock speed of USA Cincinati Bell USA ROM??Is it 720 MHz???Mine is 550 MHz for ASIA-PACIFIC ROM.
    Hi, Did you try flashing USA rom? Was anything broken if you did on India machine? Everything fine with radio?
    Hey friend USA ROM is working perfectly, evrything is working Radio, internet connection, wifi. No problem with that.

My problem is I want to create linux swap, how much Mb should I allocate for it?? Is 64MB of space enough or more is needed, please help.
    I use Paragon Hard Disk Manager. Also how do you format memory card with FAT32 using 64KB cluster

Quote Originally Posted by jackfrost3821 View Post
    My problem is I want to create linux swap, how much Mb should I allocate for it?? Is 64MB of space enough or more is needed, please help.
    Linux swap is probably a waste because the kernel won't ever use it.

Now i have downloaded firmware of cincinati bells & corresponding script.now wht to do with the script???? my phone is not accepting the file format of install.sh file tht is there in the script.wht to do next??

Hey is it safe to format SD card using ROM MANAGER??
    My card reader is not working properly....

EDIT : Done with MiniTool Partition Wizard Home Edition. Easiest way to format memory card, no card reader is needed, simply connect your device through USB and select Memory Card Access.

One more problem now RSD Lite is not detecting my device. What should I do??

Windows says,
    Hardware was not installed because the wizard cannot find the necessary software.

EDIT : Successfully flashed. I forgot to install USB drivers maybe because of that RSD LITE didn't detect my device!

Everything properly done but failed for app2sd.

It shows something like this :

Installing app2sd, please wait...

unable to open `/system/lib/modules/ext2.ko'insmod: can't open '/system/lib/modu
    les/ext2.ko'
    Error loading ext2.ko, exiting script ...

I partitioned my sd card to 1GB ext2 partition. Should I re-partition it to 1GB ext3??

I reflashed to USA sbf but milestoneoverclock still shows default setting 550Mhz@56Vsel.
    Is this problem with application or USA rom is on 550Mhz. I heard it is on 720Mhz.. o.O

EDIT
    Stuck at M logo (Motorola logo) after doing everything successfully. It's been 1 hour since phone is on M logo.
    Where did I go wrong. Everything was successful.

Page 39 of 41 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links