[GUIDE] Milestone XT720 - Apps2SD and Froyo JIT

This is a discussion on [GUIDE] Milestone XT720 - Apps2SD and Froyo JIT within the Motorola XT720 forums, part of the Motorola Android Phones category; Originally Posted by psirage If I don't need overclocking and app2sd, would I be able to unroot my phone and get the benefits of JIT? ...

Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 31394041

Thread: [GUIDE] Milestone XT720 - Apps2SD and Froyo JIT

Quote Originally Posted by psirage View Post
    If I don't need overclocking and app2sd, would I be able to unroot my phone and get the benefits of JIT?

I need to unroot my phone to get "Good for Enterprise" to work.
    Once you have replaced the .so and binaries for JIT, they do not need root permission for day to day activities. So you can unroot and still enjoy JIT. If you used Universal Androot then I guess there is a single click 'unroot' option too (which I have not tried personally) but I hope that works for you.

No one will know how do I feel after successfully applying app2sd and FroYo JIT.
    Phone is flying now even at 720Mhz. Lots of free space even after applying app2sd, but Internal memory goes down a bit even after app2sd. Is this normal??

My quandrant score @720Mhz was 749 dancedroid

Great script!

The only thing that didn't work for me was apps2sd, though that may have been because I used an EXT2 partition instead of an EXT3 partition, not sure. JIT makes the phone much faster, at 1GHz@56vsel I score over 10 MFLOPs in Linpack! I am still unclear what moving the dalvik-cache does, but it seems to have freed up some available memory on the device as Taskiller has been showing around 80-100M free instead of 60-75M free before running this option. The dark bar theme is great, though I needed to update Launcher Pro before it worked, and it took a little while to get some of the settings the way that I like it. Should we be using the 'Motorola Droid hack' in Launcher Pro? I've noticed that my Quadrant scores are around 650 which seems low relative to what everyone else is reporting, anything else I should check to raise that score?

Also, I thought I'd let everyone know about Link2SD in case they are having the same issues I am with getting apps2sd working. Link2SD is downloadable from the market and so far [I'm early in testing] seems to be a perfect way to move the applications you want to your second ext2/ext3/etc partition on your SD card. The application also includes some fixes and cleanup options and is very user friendly.
    Last edited by philodox; 03-22-2011 at 12:12 PM.

Just checking back in, Link2sd seems to work great so far though if you want to use its dalvik-cache linking for the apps you move, it will only work with the (C)ache option on this script. It's nice to be able to move large apps like Angry Birds and Akinator, but leave utility apps on the internal storage.

I'd like to again thank the creator of this script. It's like I have a new phone!

Quick question: Can I delete the apps2sd folder now that I'm done?
    Last edited by philodox; 03-22-2011 at 12:08 PM.

I have a Cincinnati Bell XT720. I attemped this procedure, but had some issues. First, when I accessed the command prompt to type the "adb devices" line stated in the procedure, the computer reported is wasn't a program even though the Android sdk tools has been installed. So, I manually went to the directory containing the file and continued. After typing "sh install.sh," I received a small menu with options 1 thru 0. I started at 1 - it worked fine and returned to the prompt as did option two. However, at option3 the phone became unresponsive even after 45 mins. When I attempt to boot it, it does an endless loop displaying the motorola "m" and the plasma spreading from it and then repeats.

Yes, I am a newb to the Android scene but know my way around a computer, and help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 31394041

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links