[GUIDE] Milestone XT720 - Apps2SD and Froyo JIT

This is a discussion on [GUIDE] Milestone XT720 - Apps2SD and Froyo JIT within the Motorola XT720 forums, part of the Motorola Android Phones category; yeah! stock 720MHz rocks this device! thanks Navalynt for the script.. will test out the nextheme out soon. edit: sorry this comes with launcher pro ...

Page 5 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: [GUIDE] Milestone XT720 - Apps2SD and Froyo JIT

yeah! stock 720MHz rocks this device! thanks Navalynt for the script.. will test out the nextheme out soon.

edit:
    sorry this comes with launcher pro am i right? how do i remove that launcher?

Oh sorry man. Take your time! ;-)
    Anyway my review to this is, a really big difference after doing your guide. (Motoroi xt720)
    Quote Originally Posted by Navalynt View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by progenx View Post
    so, you did it? any screenies for the theme? is it the same?
    It's pretty much the same theme, although there might be some small differences. It was a really quick port job using a script I found on XDA.

@jakelights - I'm willing to post the work I've done so others can benefit but I don't really have the time to do theme porting and much more with this phone or it's variations. I only updated my script and ported the theme today because the SBF above is stock clocked at 720Mhz instead of the 550Mhz my phone came with so I was intrigued to see what I could do with it.

My hope is that you guys take what I started and carry on with it. dancedroid

This is a little odd but my software version is newer.
    STR_U2_02.18.3

Firmware 2.1 update 1

This was bought from Expansys, phone started in French, so I assume this should be euro rom too. Unless there's more than one, it boots at 550mhz.

@Navalynt, i've flashed my xt720 to euro rom.

in this version of software, cpu is set to 720MHz
    and everything is smoother than 550MHz and HD video has greatly improved
    link:
    http://rsddownload.motorola.com/down...Wp3_1FF.sbf.gz

and the results are tremendously better than stock without overclocking but it works even better with overclocking and JIT compiler only the bad part is that the NexTheme. it doesn't works well with this rom. especially when you go to messaging, it will show error. not sure of other bugs though. i've done another test without NexTheme installed and it works fine.

anyone wanna test it, go ahead.

Anyway. Can i just change the color of status bar to black like in the theme. Because the theme doeant work on korean version. It stuck on "M".
    Quote Originally Posted by Navalynt View Post
    so, you did it? any screenies for the theme? is it the same?
    It's pretty much the same theme, although there might be some small differences. It was a really quick port job using a script I found on XDA.

@jakelights - I'm willing to post the work I've done so others can benefit but I don't really have the time to do theme porting and much more with this phone or it's variations. I only updated my script and ported the theme today because the SBF above is stock clocked at 720Mhz instead of the 550Mhz my phone came with so I was intrigued to see what I could do with it.

My hope is that you guys take what I started and carry on with it. dancedroid

Sent from my Milestone XT720 using Tapatalk

the black status bar is a modified theme, the only way to implement is that you need the theme for only the status bar and then flash it to your phone. should be able to do that with adb.

yeah! stock 720MHz rocks this device! thanks Navalynt for the script.. will test out the nextheme out soon.

edit:
    sorry this comes with launcher pro am i right? how do i remove that launcher?
    I don't think I put LauncherPro in my v2 script, but if I did you need to connect via adb and manually remove it from the /system/app directory OR get an app in the market called Root Manager which makes it much easier to remove pre-installed apps. I use Root Manager to remove some of the useless crap like MotoNav after install.

Hello!

im in the way to install apps2sd.

I have the problem that i cant open the apps2sd folder.
    I did all steps an im at tools.adb.exe, so far it is ok.

i typed adb devices and adb shell an su an now im at the point with the # prompt.
    now i want to type cd /sdcard/apps2sd but the answer is: cant cd to /apps2sd.

When i type cd /sdcard, it ist ok and im at cd /sdcard.
    But i cannot open the app2sd folder.

What ist my mistake?

Thank you!!!!!

EDIT!!!
    I found it!!! Have to change the USB Modus at the XT720 to portal an tools.................. Sorry!

Quote Originally Posted by shinobi View Post
    STR_U2_02.18.3

Firmware 2.1 update 1

This was bought from Expansys, phone started in French, so I assume this should be euro rom too. Unless there's more than one, it boots at 550mhz.

link:

and the results are tremendously better than stock without overclocking but it works even better with overclocking and JIT compiler only the bad part is that the NexTheme. it doesn't works well with this rom. especially when you go to messaging, it will show error. not sure of other bugs though. i've done another test without NexTheme installed and it works fine.

dude, it's an official euro rom. maybe it's different part of euro. i have a friend having the same version as yours but this rom is totally a different update. this is equipped with stock 720mhz. it is way better than stock 550mhz. with 720mhz, everything is improved and some extra features.

Quote Originally Posted by shinobi View Post
    STR_U2_02.18.3

Firmware 2.1 update 1

link:

dude, it's an official euro rom. maybe it's different part of euro. i have a friend having the same version as yours but this rom is totally a different update. this is equipped with stock 720mhz. it is way better than stock 550mhz. with 720mhz, everything is improved and some extra features.

Sounds a lot like the LG Arena updates if that holds true, number may be higher but actual fixes were lower OR different.. O_o

How can I backup my current ROM if this one gives me issues?

I installed the firmware in this thread, performance and quadrant benches even higher. But the theme in the first post is defective, and will crash when messaging.

Also apps2sd fails on a file called ext2.ko, because it already exists, and no apps have moved to SD.

Page 5 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links