New inexpensive holster for nexus one

This is a discussion on New inexpensive holster for nexus one within the Nexus One Accessories forums, part of the Nexus One category; I bought this holster on ebay for $5.95 with free shipping. It arrived today, 3 days after ordering it. It is similar to the holster ...

Thread: New inexpensive holster for nexus one

New inexpensive holster for nexus one

I bought this holster on ebay for $5.95 with free shipping. It arrived today, 3 days after ordering it.

It is similar to the holster from Seidio except that the screen faces out instead of facing the inside of the holster. The back of the holster has holes for the lens and flash and all buttons and jacks are accessible while the phone is in the holster. That means that you can do everything the phone is capable of even while it is in the holster (except change batteries or memory cards).

The phone fits quite securely in the holster and the swivel belt clip seems to be well made. The belt clip swivels (detents).

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

No way im using my phone naked on a holster. I am using a silicon case on my n1 and the speck holster for the original iphone. It fits perfectly at a fraction of the cost.

There's no way I'm going to spend $500+ for a phone that is designed to be thin and very attractive and then cover all that beautiful, thin, attractiveness with a big, ugly, silicone case and put a piece of packing tape over the screen because it might somehow get scratched.

I've seen the youtube videos of people deliberately trying to scratch the glass and the case-back on the phone and it can definitely withstand anything I will ever subject it to accidentally - at least any accident that I am likely to survive.

TD

Most holster made today "the phone faces inside!" I always by those cheap cases but went with seido this time because the gray innocase is not even noticeable and the phone faces inside. In no way do i promote Seido high prices, but there wasn't a second option then or now for a good holster that protects the phone.

I dun use such open sided holster, it gives me the chills when i think a small bump from some bastids to just accidentally bump into it, it may scratch it or so with their watches or some old granny's handbag or something.

I protect mine with leather... a classy one too.
    PDair Leather Case for HTC Google Nexus One - Flip Type (Black) by PDair - PDair.com

Maybe you missed

this video

You may worry about dropping your phone to the concrete and breaking the screen but "the bastids" will never be able to scratch your screen by accident.

Quote Originally Posted by tyler.durden View Post
    this video

You may worry about dropping your phone to the concrete and breaking the screen but "the bastids" will never be able to scratch your screen by accident.
    Nice demonstration of the indestructible screen mate, that's amazing.
    I mean it worried me before you showed this video, since I usually don't lurk on youtube.

My silicone case kind of leave the screen wide open you see. well this one
    PDair Luxury Silicone Case for HTC Google Nexus One (Black) by PDair by PDair - PDair.com
    and I guess I can just ignore it. Thx for the video

I don't know.......If I spend 540 bucks on a cell phone, I'm not going to put it in a 6 dollar case that in my opinion offers no protection at all. Yeah the screen may be scratch resistant but it is not shatter proof, meaning one incorrect placement into the holster or somehow it gets bumped and drops to the ground, you are screwed and we will be seeing a new thread from you asking if there is a replacement screen out there. That is just my 2 cents.....

You're right.

It offers no protection- it's not a case. It is just a way to keep the phone conveniently accessible, and less likely to end up with pocket fuzz under the screen. I'm not convinced that the phone needs any protection.

I've been using it for more than a week now and have found that it holds the phone securely yet makes it easy to grab it when needed. Putting the phone back into the holster has become instinctive. It goes in with a very satisfying snap as the latch slips over the top edge, locking it into the holster. Taking it out is equally easy- you put fingers on the bottom edge of the phone and use your thumb to push the latch. The phone lifts right into the palm of your hand, ready to go.

Paying $30 for a $1 piece of plastic doesn't make it better, just more expensive. Yes, I would prefer having the phone face the other direction, but right now choices are limited. Someone will make a $6 holster that faces the phone the other way around and I'll buy one of those and still be out a lot less than $30.

As predicted...

Here's another dirt cheap holster, this time with the display facing inward (like the Seidio holster)...

Holster

I am still using and loving my $6 outward facing holster and the "bastids" have yet to scratch my screen.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links