Screen protector looks greasy

This is a discussion on Screen protector looks greasy within the Nexus One Accessories forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hi all, I recently picked up two screen protectors for the nexus one on ebay (these ones -- 3x Anti-Glare Screen Protector For Google Nexus ...

Thread: Screen protector looks greasy

Screen protector looks greasy

Hi all,

I recently picked up two screen protectors for the nexus one on ebay (these ones -- 3x Anti-Glare Screen Protector For Google Nexus One N1 on eBay.ca (item 320507039960 end time 23-Apr-10 02:32:53 EDT)). After carefully cleaning and applying the screen protector, I powered up the nexus one and noticed instantly that it looked like there was grease on the screen. I gave the protector a few wipes, but noticed that this was actually from the sticky side. The whole screen looks like there's grease covering it, has anyone run into this or know of a way to clean it ? Or will I need to purchase another ?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

the phone really dont aneed any screen protector, but its recommendable to put one just in case....

quality isnt cheap... i just brought the clear armor of case-mate.com and the though

You can use hand soap and water to wash the screen protector down - the problem is drying the sucker. I never put the screen protector on when wet, so what I do is I find the original plastic cover and wash them together - then I use the plastic sheet to squeeze the water droplets out.

But once you take the screen protector off, you will inevitably pick up dust particles. That's when you use scotch tape to lift any foreign particles from the sticky side. I find that I usually have to do this multiple times - place it on the phone/pda, check for dust particles, pull the protector partly up and quickly use the scotch tape on either the screen or screen protector as needed. Repeat until all particles causing air bubbles are gone.

I have a lot of dust in my house...

I might have ordered the exact same screen protectors as you off ebay - I don't really like them - they don't really help in sunlight and it makes the screen look less sharp. I ordered a case-mate hybrid tough case - and I'll use the ultra-clear one that comes with that case instead.

Quote Originally Posted by sm00nie View Post
    I gave the protector a few wipes, but noticed that this was actually from the sticky side. The whole screen looks like there's grease covering it, has anyone run into this or know of a way to clean it ? Or will I need to purchase another ?
    That is not my experience with the Boxwave Crystal Clear. I can't really tell that the protector is on there.

AT&T ne:nexusx:us S on AT&T
    AT&T ne:nexusx:us one on Taiwan Mobile [Missing in Taipei]
    Archos 70 with UrukDroid

Quote Originally Posted by Budske
    the phone really dont aneed any screen protector, but its recommendable to put one just in case....

quality isnt cheap... i just brought the clear armor of case-mate.com and the though
    Just in case the phone falls face first, I'd like to have some protection.. I've been known to destroy a device or two

Quote Originally Posted by ksoze
    You can use hand soap and water to wash the screen protector down - the problem is drying the sucker. I never put the screen protector on when wet, so what I do is I find the original plastic cover and wash them together - then I use the plastic sheet to squeeze the water droplets out.

But once you take the screen protector off, you will inevitably pick up dust particles. That's when you use scotch tape to lift any foreign particles from the sticky side. I find that I usually have to do this multiple times - place it on the phone/pda, check for dust particles, pull the protector partly up and quickly use the scotch tape on either the screen or screen protector as needed. Repeat until all particles causing air bubbles are gone.

I have a lot of dust in my house...

I might have ordered the exact same screen protectors as you off ebay - I don't really like them - they don't really help in sunlight and it makes the screen look less sharp. I ordered a case-mate hybrid tough case - and I'll use the ultra-clear one that comes with that case instead.
    After doing a bit of research it looks like the anti-glare screen protectors have this greasiness/rainbow/prism to it (to some effect). In direct sunlight it does help a little and you can no longer see it...

I think I'm just going to invest in a clear screen protector (something a bit more than $5 off ebay :P). I have a few cases coming in from Hong Kong and I'll see if I need to update those to something better as well.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links