dock ???

This is a discussion on dock ??? within the Nexus One Accessories forums, part of the Nexus One category; this may sound stupid but what is the point of the dock?when you can just charge from usb,is it not a waste of money?...

Thread: dock ???

dock ???

this may sound stupid but what is the point of the dock?when you can just charge from usb,is it not a waste of money?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

it looks cool and has a blue tooth music functionality

Quote Originally Posted by ardynine View Post
    it looks cool and has a blue tooth music functionality
    think i'll keep my cash then

I personally like it but it might be because I paid money for it and I'm just in denial, lol.
    It's slick looking and the music functionality is pretty cool. I use it quite often.
    However, if you plan on using a case, you will need to take it off before you put it on the dock every time, which can get annoying.
    Another annoyance i have is it launches the clock application when you put it on the dock. After few minutes, it switches to digital clock mode which is much dimmer and it only shows the time in green. So it looks like an old fashioned alarm clock. I really don't like this because I don't want my screen's life span to be wasted on this. You can turn it off by hitting the sleep button but I really wish there was a setting to turn the clock function off completely.

i just watched a youtube vid of it and it looks quite flimsy,i will leave just now and maybe have another look in a few months cheers for replies

The Google Dock is not flimsy at all. It's quite heavy indeed. You can have it hook up audio either with bluetooth or RCA cable. With the Clock app running automatically, you can use your phone in your bedroom night stand like a clock.

One big feature I like about the dock is I don't have to find the USB port to plug it in. I just can place on top of it nicely and remove easily without using any force.

Yeah it's a big pricey but I'm loving it.

I use the google dock and I love it, I have it connected to my home stereo system. One of the best features is that is because it's bluetooth, the phone DOES NOT have to be on the dock to play music (Althought u have to manually go into bluetooth settings and force it to connect to the dock to achieve this).

So my phone can be with me across the room on the sofa, and I play music while doing other things like surfing the web, facebooking or texting.

I, too, was disappointed that the dock didn't offer USB connectivity. However, there is one fantastic use for the dock that no one here has mentioned - bedside alarm clock. When you put the Nexus One in the dock it starts the Clock app. If you tap and hold the brightness button for a few seconds (or just wait a while) the screen goes black with the time illuminated in green. This makes an excellent bedside clock.

I love the Google dock as well. Almost wish I had ordered two: one for home and one for work.

But when it's in the dock in clock mode, the four soft-keys at the bottom are way too bright. Can you turn the brightness of those down?

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links