Different Headsets that work with the N1

This is a discussion on Different Headsets that work with the N1 within the Nexus One Accessories forums, part of the Nexus One category; Headsets Plantronics 340 Plantronics 665 Motorola H710 Motorola H12 Jabra BT5010 Samsung WEP410 SonyEricsson HBH-IV 840 SonyEricsson HBH-PV 710 Stereo Headsets Motorola S9 Jabra BT3030 ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Different Headsets that work with the N1

Different Headsets that work with the N1

Headsets

Plantronics 340

Plantronics 665

Motorola H710

Motorola H12

Jabra BT5010

Samsung WEP410

SonyEricsson HBH-IV 840

SonyEricsson HBH-PV 710

Stereo Headsets

Motorola S9

Jabra BT3030

SonyEricsson DS220

SonyEricsson DS980

Note:

Keep in mind that the headphone jack on the nexus is recessed quite a bit, so if you decide to choose a headset other than what was found to already work make sure its compatible with recessed headphone jacks. if you have a pair of headphones you want to use and they aren't working your in luck there are adapters out there that can make them work. HERE is one from the Phandroid store, but keep in mind you can always find the china special equivalent on eBay for dirt cheap!

Add to this list if you want, this is from the research of my friends and I.
    Regards,
    TechieNewsMongral

tinyurl.com/techienewsmongral

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I've used most and none give better clarity (on both ends) than Jawbone... and I drive a convertible!

I use the Blueant Q1 and it works great
    Follow me on Twitter
    www.twitter.com/dchandler326

I have my eye on Blueant Q1 as well... more than likely that's what I will get (probably today)...

For the record - I'm not sure why OP listed the Motorola H710 - that's what I have now and even though its a great piece that works very well with every other phone I've paired it to - it works like crap with my Nexus One (which is why I'm getting something different)... caller on other end can barely hear me (and I've tested by leaving myself voice mail)... it only happens with Nexus One no other phone that I've tried... so I'd suggest staying away from the H710.
    Ron Paul is correct.

My jabra bt8040 works great!

For stereo I use AIAIAI http://www.aiaiai.dk/catalog/categor...y-model/id/35/ Also has a mic with controller that works with the N1 to mute, hang-up or switch to second line (call waiting)

I purchased the Plantronics voyager 520 and can't get it to pair with the N1 has anyone else used this headset with the there phone? Maybe I am doing somthing wrong????

Quote Originally Posted by dchandler View Post
    Does the hands free, voice activated dialing work. I have a V1 and read all worked fine but the VAD (Voice Commands).

Want to get this phone but would hate to buy new headphone, I like the V1 and Q1 sounds similar. Not sure on exact differences as of yet between the two.

Ken
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Quote Originally Posted by rugmankc View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dchandler View Post
    Does the hands free, voice activated dialing work. I have a V1 and read all worked fine but the VAD (Voice Commands).

Want to get this phone but would hate to buy new headphone, I like the V1 and Q1 sounds similar. Not sure on exact differences as of yet between the two.

Ken
    I don't want to speak for dchandler, but i recently bought a Q1 and no, you cannot voice dial (because of phone not the headset).

The Q1 is awesome though! A couple features I really like are; voice navigation through headset (my H710 didn't allow that) - and the various voice commands, especially "check battery" you get an audible battery level (high, medium, low) for the headset and phone.

Its a great headset - I highly recommend it. I got mine online from J&R for less than 75 shipped.
    Ron Paul is correct.

Yes it is my understanding, even emailed BlueAnt, that Google is the problem. That said, I have had some posters on various sites say they can on the Q1. But, don't remember anyone using the voice command features on the V1. Some posters may not understand exactly what is being asked of them or just making a blanket statemnet. I can take my V1 back to store and try the "Phone Command" voice feature, where you activate and voice dial thru the phones voice dialer as opposed to the BlueAnt's VAD. This may be what some are referring to. Just a lot of conflicting posts to sort thru all over internet. Including a site selling the V1/Q1? as fully compatible to the N1. This problem will not be a stopper on phone purchase though. I can still dial quickly from my Favorites phone contacts. Maybe there is a work around to this I am not aware of.

Ken
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; BB 8700g; BB 8900; MyTouch 4G; Nexus One: HTC One S; Carrier-TMobile

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

San Francisco Giants

Quote Originally Posted by rugmankc View Post
    Yes it is my understanding, even emailed BlueAnt, that Google is the problem. That said, I have had some posters on various sites say they can on the Q1. But, don't remember anyone using the voice command features on the V1. Some posters may not understand exactly what is being asked of them or just making a blanket statemnet. I can take my V1 back to store and try the "Phone Command" voice feature, where you activate and voice dial thru the phones voice dialer as opposed to the BlueAnt's VAD. This may be what some are referring to. Just a lot of conflicting posts to sort thru all over internet. Including a site selling the V1/Q1? as fully compatible to the N1. This problem will not be a stopper on phone purchase though. I can still dial quickly from my Favorites phone contacts. Maybe there is a work around to this I am not aware of.

Ken
    the Q1 does have a feature to use phone commands (you push the button on headset and say "phone commands"), but the N1 does not have the capability to use voice commands from bluetooth - so when you say "phone commands" nothing happens...

I'm not versed enough to know the technical requirements to make bluetooth voice dialing happen (such as a particular app or upgrade) - I thought it was an issue with A2DP, but have read that N1 supports A2DP, so I dont know the answer to make it work - I just know it does not work.

You can voice dial from the phone's mic - but that still entails a couple screen pushes (so its not really hands free)... I put frequently dialed numbers on my home screen as a shortcut - that way its one touch dialing (Q1-N1 auto-connect is real good so call always goes through Q1 when its turned on).
    Ron Paul is correct.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links