Google car dock received

This is a discussion on Google car dock received within the Nexus One Accessories forums, part of the Nexus One category; Anyone have any pictures yet too?...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Google car dock received

Anyone have any pictures yet too?

Quote Originally Posted by CavyN1 View Post
    (You can't use the Bluetooth headset with the phone when it's docked)."
    I have made corrections to my previous post on this. I will be seeking a work around to this and see if we can make some changes here somehow.
    Regards,
    TechieNewsMongral

tinyurl.com/techienewsmongral

Quote Originally Posted by TechieNewsMongral View Post
    (You can't use the Bluetooth headset with the phone when it's docked)."
    I have made corrections to my previous post on this. I will be seeking a work around to this and see if we can make some changes here somehow.

SORRY. That was me quoting the instruction booklet and saying that it is misleading.... The booklet should say you can't use a bluetooth headset, IF YOU USE THE BLUETOOTH ON THE DOCK. Confusing, sorry.

Cons of the Dock:
    2. Contacts should display in landscape mode since that is how I think most people will use the car dock.
    x2

I just installed mine and was thinking the exact same thing. Once you click on a contact then it will enter landscape mode but not when scrolling through your contacts. Makes no since to me. Maybe this will be changed in the next OS update...
    AT&T 3G Nexus Uno
    -Froyo 2.2

I agree that this would have been perfect if it only had a audio mini-jack built into the dock. That way all I'd have to do is to pop my phone in and drive. I hate plugging and unplugging the audio cable into the phone...I do it so often that I'm afraid I'm going to wear out the jack on the phone in a year or so.

As it stands, this dock buys me nothing over my ebay dock other than automatically putting the phone in car mode, which I can do in one click anyway. Not worth $55 for me.

ra990

I'll be sure to let you know how the surgery goes.

Regarding phone case/protection. I've used Best Skins Ever since I first got my phone back in January. The phone sits well in the car dock and connects to the gold pins perfectly. If you have a skin and are worried, you should be good. At least for BSE it worked.

Is there a an audio output jack on the dock? Like the 3.5mm headphone jack on the N1. It would be nice to plug it into my stock radio. I could use the headphone jack, but would like to avoid the plug/unplug when mounting/removing the phone.

OK Clarification concluded here, The Bluetooth seems to work fine on the ones being tested everywhere else at this time... The speaker needs to be disabled on first set up for this to work... gonna test myself this evening after work.

Disabling the speaker phone seems to NOT allow for Bluetooth operations using a headset if the charger is plugged in while the device is docked.. (I am verifying a few things here and trying to find a work around)
    Regards,
    TechieNewsMongral

rioja No there isn't unfortunately
    Regards,
    TechieNewsMongral

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links