Some pics of my car dock...

This is a discussion on Some pics of my car dock... within the Nexus One Accessories forums, part of the Nexus One category; Took a couple of pics of my car dock mounted. It came by Fedex early today so I had some time to play with it. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Some pics of my car dock...

Some pics of my car dock...

Took a couple of pics of my car dock mounted. It came by Fedex early today so I had some time to play with it. I didn't really have to many options on where to mount it, so I picked the best place i think. I hate mounting things to the windshield and having to run a power cord up there, it looks like crap IMO. So I found a nice little spot next to my boost gauge. I just took out the whole piece of my dash where the a/c plug goes and drilled a whole in the back for the cord. Next I ran it through the back of the dash and out the top near the boost gauge. I didn't put the rest of the dash back together yet b/c I have some other electrical work I'm doing. But when I do it should hide most of the cord up top too. Don't mind the dusty dash and what not lol.

On to a little review... The dock is top notch as far as fit and finish. It can rotate to just about any angle, and will allow you to set the phone horizontal or vertical (I picked horizontal just b/c of where I was placing it). The phone fits in very snugly and shouldn't come flying out at all like some poeple were dreading. But you will have to remove your case if you have one on your phone for it to fit. The speakers are much louder than the one on the Nexus One. I did notice that you had to turn the volume for media all the way up first before you insert the phone in the dock. Otherwise the dock speakers will not play at full volume. And yes it will play music through the dock speakers, but what's the point if you have speakers in your car already... I did notice that twice when I was playing around with it that music that I had previously paused started to play randomly by itself. Not sure if it a bug or what, but I had to go back into the Music Player and stop the song. Other than that I think it is an awesome accessory and well worth the money and wait.

Let me know what you guys and gals think.

AT&T 3G Nexus Uno
    -Froyo 2.2

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Re: Some pics of my car dock...

looks good! I think I'm definitely going to pick one of these up once Google reactivates navigation in Canada, though I think I will be hardwiring mine in to the vehicle fuse box to leave my 12v socket free and uncluttered.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Nice review.
    Regards,
    TechieNewsMongral

tinyurl.com/techienewsmongral

over priced
    If I had to name my greatest strength, I guess it would be my humility. Greatest weakness, it's possible that I'm a little too awesome.

Re: Some pics of my car dock...

looks good to me. ..will definitely get one soon

Other phones will make fun of your virgin phone. Then your virgin phone will feel ugly and fat. It will have self esteem issues and start to hang around iPhones. Then it will end up in a dark drawer next to a dirty iPod and a whole lot of regrets. Is this want you want WERA!!
    For the love of God and your Nexus One. Root it!!!:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

Quote Originally Posted by johnny cizzle View Post
    over priced
    I don't think it's overpriced (it does feature bluetooth integration and acts as a better speaker phone), as much as missing a few key features such as audio out, or having to disable the speaker phone to get bluetooth working again.

Quote Originally Posted by jono20 View Post
    looks good! I think I'm definitely going to pick one of these up once Google reactivates navigation in Canada, though I think I will be hardwiring mine in to the vehicle fuse box to leave my 12v socket free and uncluttered.

I will probably end up doing just that when I get more time.
    AT&T 3G Nexus Uno
    -Froyo 2.2

Thanks for the picture and info. Mines is arriving tomorrow but I didn't notice until after I ordered it that you cannot use your own bluetooth headset while your N1 is mounted to the dock.

Do you have a bluetooth headset? If so, is there anyway you can use it while your N1 is docked? I really hope so because my Jawbone Icon just arrived and I am loving it. I want to dock the N1, listen to music and all but use my Icon to speak...I really hope there is a way to make it work especially for us "rooted" people.

Bluetooth can be used while it's docked.

Quote Originally Posted by KoRTy View Post
    Bluetooth can be used while it's docked.
    Awesome, thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links