Car Dock first impression

This is a discussion on Car Dock first impression within the Nexus One Accessories forums, part of the Nexus One category; Review also here: http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...ar-dock-4.html...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Car Dock first impression

Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox View Post
    I tried... doesn't work.. Does your work the same way? Or just 90 degree to change from landscape to portrait mode?
    I have the same problem, I noticed that if you use on the glass it works...it works upside down in other words.
    That's the only thing I don't like about it.
    You really can't expect a car mount to compete with a stereo system that pumps out 5 times the wattage and has 4 plus speakers....

The more I use the dock, the more I think the setup is not going through careful design by google.

I don't get it why they have to make a bluetooth connection for speaker phone while the phone is physically attached to the dock. They could just have the audio in and out through the dock.

Google decided not to include the RCA output but give you a whimpy speakers...

Then, the turning closewise for 270 degree to go from portrait mode to landscape mode just bug me anythimg I use the car home and has to go back to the home screen or contacts.

The more I use the dock, the more I think the setup is not going through careful design by google.

I don't get it why they have to make a bluetooth connection for speaker phone while the phone is physically attached to the dock. They could just have the audio in and out through the dock.

Google decided not to include the RCA output but give you a whimpy speakers...

Then, the turning closewise for 270 degree to go from portrait mode to landscape mode just bug me anythimg I use the car home and has to go back to the home screen or contacts.
    You shouldn't expect much from any car dock speaker manufacture. You would have to consider that size would be an issue if you want better sounding speakers.
    I really don't think they sound so bad, they sound better than both my Motorola and Jabra handsfree blue tooth.
    Not for nothing but I don't see too many cradles out there with built in speakers.

I agree with you on the 270 degree mode, it is annoying and hopefully they will fix it....perhaps an update with the program.

No, I am not expecting the car dock speakers sound any thing better than the car sterero. In fact, it's good they included a the speaker phone with amp speakers. I am still not happy with the fact it doesn't have RCA output for music. Now I have to plug the 3.5mm jack from the phone to my car aux in. The dock is for charging and holding the phone.

They could have lower the price but not including the bluetooth connection but including the RCA option. It's just unnecessarily stupid to include bluetooth connection while there is a physical connection of the car to the dock.

They could have lower the price but not including the bluetooth connection but including the RCA option. It's just unnecessarily stupid to include bluetooth connection while there is a physical connection of the car to the dock.
    More and more cars are coming with bluetooth as a standard option. You are going to see less and less RCA options in devices like these going forward.

Stupid question but does the metal arm extend at all?

uggggghhhh

so i can hardly stand the car dock. first of all even though it asks you if you want to remember the settings to you check, it and it forgets. so when i get a call i have to scramble for itthrough settings to turn on the "use as speaker phone." second. it goes (well at least mine does) in and out of car mode. so frustrating.

IF YOU HAVE AN EXHAUST SYSTEM.......i have a subaru and also an aftermarket exhaust. i think it has some sort of noise cancelling on the dock. thus at a red light when my rpm's are low, the mic will pick up averything i say very clearly. but as soon as im on the move, i have to litterally scream and it still wont pick stuff up. reaaaaaally frustrating. im sending mine back and hopefully ordering one that isnt defective in the whole connectivity part.

Quote Originally Posted by mguindon10 View Post
    Stupid question but does the metal arm extend at all?
    no it doesnt

I too just received the dock and have mixed feelings. I love the car home app, which launches automatically upon mounting. It has everything you need while your driving. The charging of the phone is effortless, just mount and the phone starts to charge. Also, the bluetooth connection happens automatically which saves effort and time. It has very nice contours and holds the phone securely. The only drawback is trying to mount the dock which has been a challenge, it is very difficult to position it so the phone is angled correctly. Overall, with the options that are included, the dock is well worth the $55.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links