Car Dock first impression

This is a discussion on Car Dock first impression within the Nexus One Accessories forums, part of the Nexus One category; [quote=bozzy;41601] Originally Posted by lunchbox More and more cars are coming with bluetooth as a standard option. You are going to see less and less ...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Car Dock first impression

[quote=bozzy;41601]
    Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox View Post
    More and more cars are coming with bluetooth as a standard option. You are going to see less and less RCA options in devices like these going forward.
    That's exactly the situation.

If you car has bluetooth speaker phone, you don't need to dock. You can just pair the phone with the car BT.

If you car doesn't have BT speaker phone, the dock will be a good using as speaker phone. However, there is physical contact for the phone and the dock. There is no need to make that as BT. and the dock can be sold cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by hbboarder87 View Post
    so i can hardly stand the car dock. first of all even though it asks you if you want to remember the settings to you check, it and it forgets. so when i get a call i have to scramble for itthrough settings to turn on the "use as speaker phone." second. it goes (well at least mine does) in and out of car mode. so frustrating.

IF YOU HAVE AN EXHAUST SYSTEM.......i have a subaru and also an aftermarket exhaust. i think it has some sort of noise cancelling on the dock. thus at a red light when my rpm's are low, the mic will pick up averything i say very clearly. but as soon as im on the move, i have to litterally scream and it still wont pick stuff up. reaaaaaally frustrating. im sending mine back and hopefully ordering one that isnt defective in the whole connectivity part.
    I thought I'm the only one has such problem. My car dock BT goes on and off. To ensure it will work for sure, I have to uncheck the remember settings so everytime when I dock, I tap OK to connect to BT. otherwise, the connections sometimes just disappear.

Man I wish they would just sell a cheap version that just holds the phone and thats it, perhaps with a power chord. My car has great bluetooth already and I just need something to hold the phone so I don't crash trying to adjust it on my lap

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixhazard View Post
    Man I wish they would just sell a cheap version that just holds the phone and thats it, perhaps with a power chord. My car has great bluetooth already and I just need something to hold the phone so I don't crash trying to adjust it on my lap
    so spring for the dock. Im glad Google went with a well designed dock with features and stepped up the price. The thing is sturdy and nice, I would rather something have more things that I wont use than ones I wanted.
    Google isn't trying to compete with some crappy product, they are competing with Apple. They need to release the better looking and preforming stuff.
    Get a $10 ebay holder if you just want it to hold the phone.
    My wifes generic phone holder held my phone in her car on a 12 hour ar drive just fine, but not as asthetically pleasing as the Google Dock in my car.
    Nexus One and luvin it
    Rooted 5/6/2010
    Enomther 2.10.1 Froyo Release

Quote Originally Posted by hbboarder87 View Post
    so i can hardly stand the car dock. first of all even though it asks you if you want to remember the settings to you check, it and it forgets. so when i get a call i have to scramble for itthrough settings to turn on the "use as speaker phone." second. it goes (well at least mine does) in and out of car mode. so frustrating.

IF YOU HAVE AN EXHAUST SYSTEM.......i have a subaru and also an aftermarket exhaust. i think it has some sort of noise cancelling on the dock. thus at a red light when my rpm's are low, the mic will pick up averything i say very clearly. but as soon as im on the move, i have to litterally scream and it still wont pick stuff up. reaaaaaally frustrating. im sending mine back and hopefully ordering one that isnt defective in the whole connectivity part.
    Isn't it kind of common sense that with a loud exhaust there will be more noise? You should also open the windows, make sure cars around you are honking and planes are doing fly by's. You can then also blame the phone for not picking anything up. Majority of the people do not have exhaust systems so they don't have that issue.

dont be a tool

Isn't it kind of common sense that with a loud exhaust there will be more noise? You should also open the windows, make sure cars around you are honking and planes are doing fly by's. You can then also blame the phone for not picking anything up. Majority of the people do not have exhaust systems so they don't have that issue.[/QUOTE]

hey DUDE
    just letting people know IF they have an exhaust system before they purchase.

I have a loud exhaust system. People can hear me fine.

Do you guys also have this same problem? My BT speaker phone connections sometimes won't be established. I have to uncheck the "Remember" checkbox. So now it prompts me everytime. half the time the Speaker phone option was not checked.

Quote Originally Posted by dimmakherbs View Post
    so spring for the dock. Im glad Google went with a well designed dock with features and stepped up the price. The thing is sturdy and nice, I would rather something have more things that I wont use than ones I wanted.
    Google isn't trying to compete with some crappy product, they are competing with Apple. They need to release the better looking and preforming stuff.
    Get a $10 ebay holder if you just want it to hold the phone.
    My wifes generic phone holder held my phone in her car on a 12 hour ar drive just fine, but not as asthetically pleasing as the Google Dock in my car.
    I really don't think the dock is well designed.

- BT speaker phone is totally not necessary. The phone is physically connected to the dock thru the contact points. A wireless connection is not necessary. If someone has BT in the car, they can already pair with the BT function with the phone

- Changing from Landscape to Portrait has to go 270 degree rather than just 90 degree. That's just a big design flaw

- Lack of Aux out is just doesn't make sense.

- The arm and base is really solid, but it has limited angle.

I don't have problem with the phone remembering the settings..
    While the 270 degree is annoying, I think it was done it for a purpose to increase stability. Otherwise they could've made it just whole 360.
    You have your headphone jack to use as aux out..

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links