Car Dock first impression

This is a discussion on Car Dock first impression within the Nexus One Accessories forums, part of the Nexus One category; I just got it 10 minutes ago and I'm already not liking it. 1. The car AC adapter cord is the old telephone coil style ...

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Car Dock first impression

Car Dock first impression

I just got it 10 minutes ago and I'm already not liking it.

1. The car AC adapter cord is the old telephone coil style cord. I like it stright code so I can hide it easily.

2. You have to turn the volume all the way up before docking. Otherwise, the dock's volume control will max at the current volume (come on google, I thought you could do better than this)

3. I can't seem to have it mount right. When I change from vertical to wide mode, I have to turn 270 degree instead of 90 degree.

4. The so called amp. speaker is nice. But it could never be nicer than your car stereo. The good thing is, the dock won't block the 3.5mm jack

5. When eject the phone from the dock, you will have to get ready to catch the phone as it just pop out and fall.

Anything nice about the dock? Yeah, it's a dock holding it while you drive. I still need to test the speaker phone if the other person in the line can hear the driving noise.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Just found out the volume rocker bar.. it won't adjust the volume continously. You have to keep pressing one at a time to adjust the volume.

Ok so lunchbox, you have to readjust the volume when you place it in the dock to play right? Does the sound come out with quality sound or sound like its in a tunnel?
    Regards,
    TechieNewsMongral

tinyurl.com/techienewsmongral

Quote Originally Posted by TechieNewsMongral View Post
    Ok so lunchbox, you have to readjust the volume when you place it in the dock to play right? Does the sound come out with quality sound or sound like its in a tunnel?
    You have to adjust the sound to the max with the phone before you place it to the dock. Otherwise, the volume rocker will go max at the current volume level only. It's not a dead deal but I just think Google can do better than this.

Also, when you adjust the volume in the dock, there is no visual display of what the current level is. You also have to keep hitting the rocket to adjust the volume instead of holding it to continue.

The sound quality is much better than the phone itself. But there is no way compare to the speaker system in my car.

I just test drive it. Call a friend saying my voice was okay. Not too noise. I can hear her very well too. However, when I play music and Google listen, it just not good at all.

I think it's okay to pay $55 for a car bluetooth speaker phone.

oh btw, the bluetooth speaker phone will work even the phone is not docked. In other words, when you walked near your car and the phone is in your pocket, the dock will pick up the phone instead. You will have to keep yelling as you think it's a drop call.. but instead, the voice is picked up by the dock. I don't know if it's a good feature or not.

the last part i think that only happens when the car its on, cos if the dock dont have power, it cant use the bluetooth...

that happens with all the in-car bluetooth systems. even with my pioneer DEH-65BT... i turn my car on, and it connect with my blackberry, but when the radio is off, it wont connect

Budske, yes that's right. It's the same for all other in car bluetooth speaker phone system.

I'm not sure is it just my dock, I can't just turn 90 degree to change from tall to wide (and vice versa). I have to turn all the way around for 270 for that. It gets annoying because Android is pretty much designed for portrait use. Even in car home, when u go back to home screen or contact, it doesn't have landscape mode.

why dont u take out ur dock, turn around the base of it and put it again??? doing that i think should work

I tried... doesn't work.. Does your work the same way? Or just 90 degree to change from landscape to portrait mode?

nope, mine dosnt work that way, it cant change position and even i cant see the phone, my pants dont let me do that... xDDD

i use my radio with bluetooth to connect it... will* xD still dont get the phone...

maybe u r turning it wrong.... (u might think "how i can turn it wrong?")

if u have the dock in front of u, u can turn the base of the dock clock side, but, if u turn the dock to the back... like showing the dock thou the window??

i dont know if u get my point... sometimes i forget some words (im from south america and i speak spanish).

if it dont work, u will have to wait for another guy with a dock to ask him the same

Well, I don't understand what you said... I'm Chinese and I speak Cantonese =)

Just to make sure, you know your phone landscape mode only works with the phone top is on the left side, but not the other way around? I'm sure you know but just want to make sure.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links