Silicone Skin/hard case hybrid

This is a discussion on Silicone Skin/hard case hybrid within the Nexus One Accessories forums, part of the Nexus One category; I just picked two of these up on Ebay for $8.99 shipped. The only way I can describe them is a silicone skin/hard case hybrid. ...

Thread: Silicone Skin/hard case hybrid

Silicone Skin/hard case hybrid

I just picked two of these up on Ebay for $8.99 shipped. The only way I can describe them is a silicone skin/hard case hybrid.

It's basically a silicone case with a hard cover that holds the silicone case on a bit better plus gives a little bit o' hard cover type protection. Every silicone case i've had in the past liked to slip off pretty easily - this doesn't feel like it's going anywhere anytime soon!

The ones I got were the lime green and carbon fiber variants, but they can be also had in pink, blue or black. I thought the lime green with black screamed Android!

If nothing else, they are definitely unique!

Ebay seller's name is "moderntechs" . Search with keywords on Ebay "Nexus Hard Silicone" and you'll pull them right up!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

pretty cool looking but I worry about corners. What I mean by that is, I worry about dropping the phone on the corners the most because thats what can do your phone the most physical damage. Needs to have the hardcase protecting the corners to do the most good. Looks cool though.

Looks cool. The Case-Mate Tough Case is also a silicone/hard hybrid that offers more protection (including most of the corners) and has a bigger hard shell, but is much more expensive than the one you got. Must look cool with green wallpaper =)

Quote Originally Posted by JWhipple View Post
    I just picked two of these up on Ebay for $8.99 shipped. The only way I can describe them is a silicone skin/hard case hybrid.

It's basically a silicone case with a hard cover that holds the silicone case on a bit better plus gives a little bit o' hard cover type protection. Every silicone case i've had in the past liked to slip off pretty easily - this doesn't feel like it's going anywhere anytime soon!

The ones I got were the lime green and carbon fiber variants, but they can be also had in pink, blue or black. I thought the lime green with black screamed Android!

If nothing else, they are definitely unique!

Ebay seller's name is "moderntechs" . Search with keywords on Ebay "Nexus Hard Silicone" and you'll pull them right up!
    Does it get hot? I worry about the silicone overheating my phone, I had that problem with my blackberry. I purchased a cheap plastic case for my N1, and a silicone one as well, but the plastic one broke (had to take the back cover off of my phone one too many times and I chipped of one of the connectors) so I've been using the silicone one, and my phone gets hot after 10 minutes of use, it usually causes battery and performance problems.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links