Car Dock Picture Review - (17 pics)

This is a discussion on Car Dock Picture Review - (17 pics) within the Nexus One Accessories forums, part of the Nexus One category; Originally Posted by NeonMonster WOW! It looks pretty awesome! I have been wanting a nice dock, but for $60 bucks, I need a car first. ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Car Dock Picture Review - (17 pics)

Quote Originally Posted by NeonMonster View Post
    WOW! It looks pretty awesome! I have been wanting a nice dock, but for $60 bucks, I need a car first. -___-;;;

Kinda simple for the price.... but apparently thats what Google likes (desktop dock).

Like it though! Also, regarding the landscape homescreen/contacts, you can use a replacement launcher like Home++ to make the phone able to flip during the home screen/contacts. OR if you root your phone, you can make it have 360 rotation at all times!
    @NeonMonster I have Home++ but can't find the option to make the contact list flip on rotation from the Car/Home app. Everything else but that app does that. I'm most definitely purchasing the car dock in the near future, so I wanted to make sure I'm not missing an option to change that. Thanks

Speakers?

Speakers in the back of the dock? What is the point? Maybe they'd help make the turn by turn directions from the GPS more audible, but there's no way they do do anything but suck for music.

I think they should have put an FM modulator in there instead. Then you could get all audio from the phone with decent quality and volume for music, hand's free calling, and GPS.

There are vendors on ebay selling docks that have a similar design for holding the phone (snap-in) but also come with a belt clip so the same dock can also serve as a holster. The price is quite a bit lower, too. I'm waiting for one with an FM modulator...

TD

I don't know why the contacts won't rotate to landscape. I noticed that when I use navigation and where you enter the address if you select from contacts instead, the list of contacts comes up in the correct orientation. What's the difference? If it can do it there, why not everywhere?

Quote Originally Posted by tyler.durden View Post
    Speakers in the back of the dock? What is the point? Maybe they'd help make the turn by turn directions from the GPS more audible, but there's no way they do do anything but suck for music.

TD
    Clearly you don't realize how crappy the speaker in our N1 is. Turn by turn directions more audible? Not maybe, but more like definitely! I welcome the addition of the extra speakers. Not to mention the hands-free mode when taking a call. When I use my N1 in my car, I can't hear (a thing) coming out of that puny speaker...

A FM modulator would be nice, but then you would limited to whatever audio is coming from the phone. Now people like myself who use Pandora would love this feature, but I think the majority of users of this phone may prefer the radio.

I tried plugging my Aux cable from my car audio deck into the plug on the phone. This didn't work for speaker phone, does it work for music?

Quote Originally Posted by krazychowmein View Post
    I tried plugging my Aux cable from my car audio deck into the plug on the phone. This didn't work for speaker phone, does it work for music?

Granted, I don't have the car dock; but my N1 worked for both music AND speakerphone when connected by the mini-jack output...

Quote Originally Posted by krazychowmein View Post
    Yea I have the dock, digging the quality but not the fact that the contacts are not in landscape mode. Any fixes for this?
    If you're rooted, Cyanogen Mod supports landscape in Contacts and just about everywhere else. You can even enable 360 degree rotation, to where you could hold your phone "upside down" ( with the trackball at the top ) and it would render "correctly".

Again, only if you're rooted.

Quote Originally Posted by logger View Post
    Can someone who understands electronics, tell me..... Are three pins sufficient to charge and do the audio out and mic in. Or is the audio perhaps passed between cradle and N1 by BT in a similar manner to the Desktop cradle?
    Bluetooth - same as desktop charger. It would have been cool to have BT go to an FM transmitter to play through the car's audio system.

Quote Originally Posted by jonno2k View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by logger View Post
    Can someone who understands electronics, tell me..... Are three pins sufficient to charge and do the audio out and mic in. Or is the audio perhaps passed between cradle and N1 by BT in a similar manner to the Desktop cradle?
    Bluetooth - same as desktop charger. It would have been cool to have BT go to an FM transmitter to play through the car's audio system.
    Hopefully they will come up with an app for that.

very nice can't wait to get mine. It should be arrive today... hum hum hum waiting waiting.....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links