Car Dock Picture Review - (17 pics)

This is a discussion on Car Dock Picture Review - (17 pics) within the Nexus One Accessories forums, part of the Nexus One category; Pros: Quality Construction; doesn't feel like it would brake easily Firm chrome arm positioning; once you put it in a position(landscape/vertical) it will stay in ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Car Dock Picture Review - (17 pics)

Car Dock Picture Review - (17 pics)

Pros:

• Quality Construction; doesn't feel like it would brake easily
    • Firm chrome arm positioning; once you put it in a position(landscape/vertical) it will stay in that position
    • Suction cup snaps in place snugly and is easy to twist on and off
    • 4 Speakers on the back that are pretty loud for their size
    • Added powerful Microphone
    • Power cable isn't obtrusive and can be used without the dock
    • Charges quickly even with the screen brightness turned all the way up
    • Room for output jack to be used
    • Nexus One video camera can be used to video tape while you drive thanks to the cutouts on the dock
    • Hole for noise cancellation mic
    • Bluetooth capable
    • Volume controls on top of the device
    • Modern sleek style; even the box is cool looking (same as Nexus One box)

Cons:

• Cost: $55 from Google's store. A simple Cellphone dock would be cheaper but wouldn't have the Nexus One Car Dock's extras. The speakers, microphone, bluetooth, volume control and power cable are pricey commodities in this case.
    • Have to take your phone out of it's protective case in order for the phone to fit
    • Popping the phone out of the dock is somewhat tricky. First time I tried I dropped it.
    • When in landscape mode the icons and widgets on the home screen are still in their original vertical positions
    • Sending quick texts while in the dock will result in almost certain death
    • When clicking the "contacts" icon in the "car dock home" application while in landscape mode, the contacts are listed in the vertical position as well

Overall: Overall I am satisfied with my purchase. It looks nice, feels nice, sounds better than I thought it would and does what I bought it to do. I no longer fear having my battery die on me when using the power draining GPS and navigation tools. Nice job Google/HTC.

Rest of the pictures are not located here:

720p Video review:
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6g33cZWMpY[/ame]

Just uploaded it so may take a while to render 480p and 720p.

More Pics:

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Great review, and nice pictures!

Great review, I'm looking forward to the video. I love this part:
    "Sending quick texts while in the dock will result in almost certain death"

:rofl3:

I'm close to putting my money down but I really wish you didn't have to take off the protective case to dock it... :\ There's no real way to work around that though, so I may have to just deal with it.
    :nexusx: A new hope. :nexusx:

Very nice review, I was waiting for something like this. thx!

Yea I have the dock, digging the quality but not the fact that the contacts are not in landscape mode. Any fixes for this?

that thing looks really nice...

[*]Sending quick texts while in the dock will result in almost certain death

^^^This alone makes me want to get this dock.

Only drawback is that I'll have to keep the original back and battery in my truck so I can switch back from my Seidio 3200 mAh battery, but this would be great to use. My cup holders have provided my current phone holder when I use the navigation. Thanks for the review, photos and video.

Twitter
    Nd1razor
    After i get this, all i need is a car O.o

WOW! It looks pretty awesome! I have been wanting a nice dock, but for $60 bucks, I need a car first. -___-;;;

Kinda simple for the price.... but apparently thats what Google likes (desktop dock).

Like it though! Also, regarding the landscape homescreen/contacts, you can use a replacement launcher like Home++ to make the phone able to flip during the home screen/contacts. OR if you root your phone, you can make it have 360 rotation at all times!
    @NEONmonstar
    Rooted NexusOne
    Cyanogen CM6 RC1 FROYO
    RA-nexus-v1.7.1-Cyan
    Galaxy S PRO Theme
    Desire Camera

Nice review and great pics. Thanks.
    As we all know, the car dock has only the three gold pins connecting to the phone. Obviously they charge the phone, but I am wondering if they pass the audio in/out as well? Can someone who understands electronics, tell me..... Are three pins sufficient to charge and do the audio out and mic in. Or is the audio perhaps passed between cradle and N1 by BT in a similar manner to the Desktop cradle?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links