Screen timeout on car dock

This is a discussion on Screen timeout on car dock within the Nexus One Accessories forums, part of the Nexus One category; I'm finding the screen timing out on the car dock -- even when navigating. Am I missing a trick? It seems it should just stay ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Screen timeout on car dock

Screen timeout on car dock

I'm finding the screen timing out on the car dock -- even when navigating.

Am I missing a trick? It seems it should just stay on while on the dock.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

mah
    Yep, it's very annoying! What's interesting is I have my phone set to never turn off the display while charging, and this works fine when charging through the USB connector, but when in the dock, though it's getting its charge, it isn't honoring that setting.

Screebl (free in the Market)

It shouldn't turn off while in Navigation mode.. check your settings perhaps? Maps - yes, it would dim/turn off. Active navigation - no.

Thanks for the replies.

sreebl helps quite a bit -- only downer is I have to have the screen tilted up a tad to keep it happy -- I might just need to tweak the settings a bit.

The reason why navigation mode does not keep it awake is that I live in Canada. Turn-by-turn data isn't available here yet, so it drops you back to google maps.

End result is you get a less good navigation app that goes to sleep on you

I was driving the other day, 45 mins and had the navigation running. I get to my destination and walk around for 20 mins. Look at my phone and the battery meter is orange... anyone have trouble with their phones not charging while navigating?

mah
    Are you using the cord that came with the dock, or a different one? Originally I used a different (non-coiled) cord, but I noticed the phone would not charge. When I replaced it with the proper one, the phone charged in the dock. The other cord is not damaged, it charges the phone fine when plugged in directly -- the problem is that evidently the dock is a power hog.

Quote Originally Posted by krazychowmein View Post
    I was driving the other day, 45 mins and had the navigation running. I get to my destination and walk around for 20 mins. Look at my phone and the battery meter is orange... anyone have trouble with their phones not charging while navigating?

Even when plugged in. the 45 minutes was slowly discharging your phone. Add in the 20 minutes of full-on screen/satlink after that, and I think orange would be expected.

Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by krazychowmein View Post

Even when plugged in. the 45 minutes was slowly discharging your phone. Add in the 20 minutes of full-on screen/satlink after that, and I think orange would be expected.

MAH - yes I am using the cable that came with the dock.

Alpha - so you are saying even though it's in dock with the power cord hooked up, when you arrive at your destination you should expect your phone to die? I would think since it was being "charged" while using GPS it shouldnt slowly drain your batter... at least that's what I would hope.

Quote Originally Posted by swfiua View Post
    I'm finding the screen timing out on the car dock -- even when navigating.

Am I missing a trick? It seems it should just stay on while on the dock.
    Try bright dock its in the market

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links