Car Vent Mounts?

This is a discussion on Car Vent Mounts? within the Nexus One Accessories forums, part of the Nexus One category; I am not a fan of those suction cup mounts that attach to the windshield, and that's why I'm looking into the ones that attach ...

Thread: Car Vent Mounts?

Car Vent Mounts?

I am not a fan of those suction cup mounts that attach to the windshield, and that's why I'm looking into the ones that attach to the air vents.

Do any of you guys have one installed? and/or have suggestions of which one to get? and where to get one?

I would like it to be able to work with a case as well.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I'm in the same boat as you. I'm not a big fan of having anything suction to my windshield with the potential to fall at any time, so I too want a vent mount. I saw a cool one on ebay Car Vent Mount w/ Holster for Google Nexus One HTC - eBay (item 190374417839 end time Apr-20-10 09:27:55 PDT)

It seems like it'll work nicely if you don't have any sort of case on your N1. I have the Seidio Innocase II, so I'm looking for something that will hold it with the case on too, like a universal fit type deal. I found this one on sale for $2.99 + fs after using "MLCK254812041950N" coupon on Meritline.com. It's kind of big and clunky looking and I wouldn't want it on my dash when the phone isn't mounted, but what can you do. For $3 shipped I might try it. Meritline.com - Universal Car Holder (Vent Clip) for Cellular Phone, iPhone, iPod, GPS, Extendable

The first link you posted looks like a tight fit if it had a case. I'm getting the same case as you as well.

The 2nd link you posted looks like a good choice and a great price as well. If you do get it, please post results.

I was looking at Youtube, and then found a company called Bracketron. --->[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-B8R09aj5c&feature=related"]YouTube - Bracketron's Grip-iT Car Vent Mount -- Features & Installation[/ame]

I went to their website, but it doesn't look like they sell that device holder anymore. They do have a nice slim profile one. -->Bracketron : Mobile 3
    Point Holder
    or this one -->Bracketron : Mobile Device Docking Kit
    but I don't understand how it holds from the bottom. It looks like it grips from the sides only.

You then use it with this Vent mount --> Bracketron : Adjustable Rotating Vent Mount

Im a looking for a car dock but I dont like the windshield solutios. I am also worried about the air vent solutions.... is there any problem with the hot air in winter? The mobile is going to be quite near to the air vents and the hot air.

I guess this is not going to be very good for our N1, in fact, the mobile gets very hot with the car charger and using the gps, so, what would happens if the mobile also has hot air from the air vents?

any different solutions?

You can get a cup holder mount

Or a Sunvisor Mount

Or if you have side vents that open and close (most cars do) you can just mount it on your driver's side vent (to the left of the steering wheel) while it's closed so no air can come out. With the heater on I'm sure it can't be too good for the phone.

I don't like suction mounts either, but I went with the car dock when I ordered the nexus and I'm glad. It uses a spring locked suction cup so it could probably hold 10 or 15 pounds easily without falling off. I ran the power cord behind the A pillar cover and down to the lighter and soldiered it in place. No cords visible, and the dock is easily removed and only the tip of the USB charger is visible.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links