Any tips on new in-earphones?

This is a discussion on Any tips on new in-earphones? within the Nexus One Accessories forums, part of the Nexus One category; I'm reading the threads here, and there's too much and too little info for me... Can someone please recommend some in-ear phones where the sound ...

Thread: Any tips on new in-earphones?

Any tips on new in-earphones?

I'm reading the threads here, and there's too much and too little info for me...

Can someone please recommend some in-ear phones where the sound is good, I can skip tracks, and use the mic? Also use the voice-calling would be nice -- does this work? (I read it didn't work via BT).
    What about hanging up the call -- is that possible?

I am aware of the no-volume button issue (too bad).

Wired, no bluetooth.

Thanks!!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Research led me to get the Klipsch S4. Crystal clear sound, great feel, terrific quality. They have a version w/ mic:

Image S4i In-Ear Headset with Mic and 3-Button Remote Headphones - iPhone Headset, iPhone Headphones - Free Shipping - 30 Day Satisfaction Guarantee - Overview

Do some searches for the best price. Should be about $80.

I realize you asked about earbuds, but Elvis, don't believe the hype! No earbuds, I repeat no eardbuds are worth paying beyond 25-30 dollars tops! All the slick marketing in the world can not hide the truth about all earbuds and that is they just don't have sufficient speaker size to reproduce top quality sound.
    Look ma! I'm a super moderator, my life has purpose now. :butt1:

Quote Originally Posted by woode29 View Post
    I realize you asked about earbuds, but Elvis, don't believe the hype! No earbuds, I repeat no eardbuds are worth paying beyond 25-30 dollars tops! All the slick marketing in the world can not hide the truth about all earbuds and that is they just don't have sufficient speaker size to reproduce top quality sound.
    Quality IEM's have 1 or more 'BA' transducers (pricey ones have 3!)...for more info:

[FYI] Basic Guide to In-Ear-Canalphones - Head-Fi.org Community

Dynamic transducers work just fine in a supra or circum-aural format, but could potentially damage hearing (owing to so much air movement in a 'blocked' aural canal) if not properly tuned, which of course, takes research, engineering and money, which is why better IEM's cost dough.

How can I take better care of my earphones?

I have to keep buying new earphones every few months coz I keep breaking them but I don't know how I do it! The most recent pair I bought, which I've had for about 7 months, just broke about 2 minutes ago. I put my iPod on my bed with my earphones and I went out of the room. I returned about 5 minutes later and they weren't working. I tried to use them with my iPod but only one earphone worked. I tried them with my laptop and when I turned the cable a certain way they both worked. Then all of a sudden only one works now. It's very annoying and my parents are annoyed at me for breaking my latest pair. I'm having to use my dad's earphones but they're cheap crap! The sound is rubbish! Any tips on taking better care of them?
    In case you're wondering, I live in the UK.

get a bluetooth stereo headset

I just bought some earbuds yesterday from a t-mobile store. They were $16.99. They have a button to stop and start the media you are playing. I love them so far. My ears are small and in-ear headphones are the only way to go. They do not fall out when running or active. Better than any earphones I have owned.

Quote Originally Posted by nexus1inAZ View Post
    I just bought some earbuds yesterday from a t-mobile store. They were $16.99. They have a button to stop and start the media you are playing. I love them so far. My ears are small and in-ear headphones are the only way to go. They do not fall out when running or active. Better than any earphones I have owned.
    Do you have any model number for those?

on the higher end, audiophile spectrum i recommend Shure inner-ear buds

I got a pair of their 'entry level' ear buds for a tad over $100 (closer to $150 actually).. i've had them for close to three years now.. some stripping of the plastic insulation (i use them at least 4-5 times a week during this period), but still sounds perfect..

now, when i say 'perfect' im not saying i get sound out of each bud.. im saying i still get the highest grade sound experience i've ever had in ear buds.. closest thing might be studio headphones..

can't call myself a connoisseur of audio equip, but i can honestly say i love listening to music more because of my Shure ear buds..

checkem out.. Shure Americas | Earphones & Headphones | Headsets, Earbuds, Sound Isolating

got mine at Futureshop, but im sure you could find them at Bang Olufson also.

PS. u really do get what u pay for A la nexus one which i just ordered last Friday!!

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links