nexus one car dock warranty

This is a discussion on nexus one car dock warranty within the Nexus One Accessories forums, part of the Nexus One category; Got a nasty shock today when my $60 car dock broke (along the flimsy top) when I tried to take the phone out. It had ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: nexus one car dock warranty

nexus one car dock warranty

Got a nasty shock today when my $60 car dock broke (along the flimsy top) when I tried to take the phone out. It had been in service less than a month.
    I retrieved the 12 month limited warranty statement that shipped with the car dock and called HTC.
    According to HTC there is no warranty on this product. (apparently the warranty statement shipped with it was a practical joke).
    They only warranty the phone and the accessories that ship with the phone.
    I read to them the the first line of the 12 month warranty statement that shipped with the car dock. It states that it covers accessories whether or not they ship with the nexus one.
    Finally they say they only cover items during the 14 day remorse period, thank you for calling HTC.
    feedback?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

call google support for that... maybe they can help u

google support just refers u to htc.

Is the dock HTC? I thought is was Google. Call HTC again and request a return. Process it, and order another.

There is a 12-month warranty, but not for physical damage. The same goes for the phone itself. I had a problem with my dock, which I ordered separate from the phone, but for nothing related to physical damage. There was no problem getting it resolved. They did mention the dock would be inspected for damage once returned and any refund would be adjusted accordingly so it was pretty clear physical damage was not covered under the warranty. One trick I learned when removing the phone from the dock is to reach behind the dock with your index finger and press the back of the phone toward you as you use your thumb to press the release on the dock. (Just be ready to catch the phone with your other hand.) That will ensure you do not put excess torque on the plastic that connects to the thumb-release.

My thumb-release doesn't feel flimsy at all, I guess I'll be a bit more cautious when taking the phone out just in case.

I purchased the $63 NI Car Dock on 4-15 set it up and it worked until 5-10 the power cord will not work The phone would get very hot while mounted. I called N1 support line to get it replaced under warranty. They told me the Dock has NO warranty and they were sorry but could not do anything for me. I escalated it to a supervisor and she told me the same thing NO warranty. When I told her that the warranty statement included with the dock states it has a HTC 12 month warranty she sill did not want to accept it. Finally after reading the whole warranty to her she agreed to send me an RA. Instead of using my credit card and sending me out a new one right away then charging my card it if they did not get the return in 7 days like most reputable companies, they insist that I send the whole unit back and you have to place a whole new order. It will take them up to 14 days to process the credit once they receive the defective one. The Dock comes with permanent mount for the dash that I had mounted. They were insisting that I rip it out of my dash and return it or I would be charged $45 for missing parts. I would then have to remount the new one. Buyers beware the Nexus One car dock does have a 12 month warranty. I'm lucky I did not toss the paper out when I unpacked it. I wonder how many other poor N1 users have been conned be this apparent scam. The HTC Warranty Statement code is 91HO1453-00M Rev A if you need to use it.

The dock costs $55 and ground shipping in the United States is free. I don't understand why people say it costs more than $55. If you think that's expensive, check out ProClip. They charge about $75 for a Nexus One dock shipped, and that's just plastic - no charging - no Bluetooth. I guess I was lucky when I called HTC Service because they never suggested there was no warranty for the dock. True, they don't replace the dock, but if it's defective, they'll refund the full price you paid, including any shipping you paid AND pay return shipping. That kind of service is almost non-existent these days. Considering the ground shipping is free, I don't see why it's a problem to just order another one. I do agree removing that semi-permanent disk would suck though. I guess in that situation, try to order a new dock before returning the defective dock and include the disk from the new dock with the defective dock.

the price of the dock is $55. However you pay about $60 to get the item delivered for use (tax). You can test this easily by paying $55 at checkout then just wait to see if they send it to you.
    I dont expect a company to DENY that there is a warranty.
    HTC did not say that it is not covered because of physical damage. They said there is NO WARRANTY beyond the 14 day remorse period.
    APPLE tried to exclude hairline cracks from its extended warranty but got sued successfully over that issue. They tried to call it physical damage and therefore not their problem.
    My damage was not a hairline crack it was a break when I used the product as it was intended. HTC can claim that that is not covered under their warranty. They CANNOT claim that there is no warranty. I have the warranty statement in my hand. (by the way I cant find the section that excludes cracks and breaks not due to improper handling.)
    Yes I will be replacing the car dock but it will not be with an HTC product.

I forgot about sales tax. There is no sales tax here in Oregon (although the state has found plenty of ways to take our money). That is strange that the CSR told you there simply is no warranty. Maybe they changed that policy by the time I called with a problem. I hope you succeed in getting the dock you want.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links