Bluetooth Headset & Headphone Combo

This is a discussion on Bluetooth Headset & Headphone Combo within the Nexus One Accessories forums, part of the Nexus One category; I'm totally new to the Bluetooth thing, so please forgive my question: Is there any decent Bluetooth phone headset and headphone combos on the market? ...

Thread: Bluetooth Headset & Headphone Combo

Bluetooth Headset & Headphone Combo

I'm totally new to the Bluetooth thing, so please forgive my question:

Is there any decent Bluetooth phone headset and headphone combos on the market?

I've had mixed results with the stock wired Nexus One headset/headphone combo. It's fine for listening to music, but I've had mixed reviews on the phone conversation front, so I've been looking to move into this century and get a Bluetooth headset.

But for some reason I assumed that you could listen to music AND make calls through any Bluetooth headset (just like the stock android headset), but it appears that's not the case. And all I can find that offers both headphone/headset functions are larger than I'd like:
    [ame=] Motorola Bluetooth Stereo Headphones for MOTOROKR S9 (Black,Black)[Retail Packaged]: Cell Phones & Service[/ame]
    [ame=] Plantronics BackBeat 906 Stereo Bluetooth headset: Cell Phones &…[/ame]

I'm fine with only hearing music in one ear. Two would be great, but it appears the Bluetooth headset market hasn't really evolved to that point outside of these ones with the huge box on your neck. :/ Am I just completely missing some obvious solutions?

Thanks for any help you can offer. Like I said, I'm a noob to Bluetooth. I've always kinda sided with Sweet Dee on her opinion of Bluetooth users (No offense! ):
    Hulu - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia: Stand Up Throw Up

But lately, I've started traveling for work a lot more so I want a better solution for juggling luggage/a steering wheel, a phone and conference calls.
    :nexusx: A new hope. :nexusx:

2. is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I like my BT3030 that I got on ebay for around $25. I'm not sure they are really Plantronics because the manual doesn't match the functionality very well. At least the LED colors don't match the manual. These have a mic built in and you use normal ear buds. I like them because you can see the leds to know the current state. I'm on conference calls a lot and like having mute control. They charge with a normal Mini USB, so you have to travel with that type of cable also, but that's the same as other devices I normally carry.

AT&T ne:nexusx:us S on AT&T
    AT&T ne:nexusx:us one on Taiwan Mobile [Missing in Taipei]
    Archos 70 with UrukDroid

62 times
    Seconded on the Jabra's sortova older unit, but still found esp. eBay...STEREO (A2DP) little 'dog tag', which can be used either with it's ball-chain as a necklace, or remove the chain and metal clip, and attach a plastic clip to attach to collar or hat. Use ANY headphones/IEC's with it's standard stereo 1/8" mini plug, and mini-usb connector for recharging (the bulk of the 'dog tag' is in fact a Li-Ion battery, giving over 10 hours of continuous stereo playback, which outlasts my phone).

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links