Buying Nexus One case and screen protector in Canada with fast delivery

This is a discussion on Buying Nexus One case and screen protector in Canada with fast delivery within the Nexus One Accessories forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hey guys, I just ordered my Nexus One yesterday, I'm pretty excited for it! I've got a two part question: 1. I've been searching on ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buying Nexus One case and screen protector in Canada with fast delivery

Buying Nexus One case and screen protector in Canada with fast delivery

Hey guys, I just ordered my Nexus One yesterday, I'm pretty excited for it!

I've got a two part question:

1. I've been searching on the net everywhere to know which cases are the best, but a lot of threads are really outdated, from January. I decided to get either the Innocase II or Case-mate tough case, whichever is available. For a screen protector, I have no idea which one should I get, but I want a cheap, simple one, than won't leave my screen all gluey and that won't decrease sensitivity. Can you guys suggest me cases or screen protectors?

2. I'm leaving the country in a couple of weeks, and I need a case to protect my phone from scratches! Buying from the states became a problem: most sites want to charge me more for the delivery than the case itself is worth, and on top of that it will take weeks to get here! Does anybody know a reliable Canadian website that will sell me a decent case at an acceptable price and screen protectors, so that it will take less time to get here?

Thanks for your time!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I just ordered the Innocase Surface II from gocellular.ca. They were the only Canadian retailer I could find that carries it, the only other option being buy from Seidio themselves and pay almost double with their shipping...

gocellular.ca charges less than Seidio and only asks $2 for shipping.. Was a win for me!

yeah I checked them out, but the problem with them is that they don't have any in stock right now, they gonna get the case (it says there up to 7 days) then send it to me. I'm just hoping there is a faster alternative ; )

I really like clarivue screen protectors. They are shipped from canada so it shouldn't be hard to get it shipped to you. Their screen protectors are $10.99 for two screen protectors and you get to choose between anti-glare and crystal clear. As for the case I bought mine from the forums store.

I highly recommend the Case-Mate Tough case. While you lose some of the "sleekness" of the phone, it more than makes up for in peace-of-mind. I also use it with the leather holster designed for the Seido innocase and it sits in there nice and snug.

I don't worry about anything but impacts/scratches on the screen now. I'll be getting a quality screen protector soon though.

Re: Buying Nexus One case and screen protector in Canada with fast delivery

I highly recommend the Case-Mate Tough case. While you lose some of the "sleekness" of the phone, it more than makes up for in peace-of-mind. I also use it with the leather holster designed for the Seido innocase and it sits in there nice and snug.

I don't worry about anything but impacts/scratches on the screen now. I'll be getting a quality screen protector soon though.
    I have the same case on my phone and I like it. Keeps your phone safe.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

I really wanna get a Case-Mate tough case, a lot of people are saying around the web that it is great. I'm reeeaaally concerned about keeping this phone safe, it is quite an expensive investment! Every forum has the cautionary tale guy who "just bought the phone and dropped into concrete on the parking lot," no way I wanna go through that! The only problem is the delivery of the case, it would take 3-4 weeks, and by then I won't be in Canada anymore. Either that or I pay 24 dollars for speed delivery, which would be almost the price of the case!

Speaking of the clarivue screen protectors, how good are they? Do they decrease the sensitivity? Do they require wet application (no way water is touching my phone!)? Also, is the anti-glare any good? I heard people complaining about light prisms being formed.

Also, I saw in their webpage that the tough case comes with a screen protector, is it any good or should I buy a separate one?

Quote Originally Posted by RickShake View Post
    I really wanna get a Case-Mate tough case, a lot of people are saying around the web that it is great. I'm reeeaaally concerned about keeping this phone safe, it is quite an expensive investment! Every forum has the cautionary tale guy who "just bought the phone and dropped into concrete on the parking lot," no way I wanna go through that! The only problem is the delivery, it's going to take 3-4 weeks. Either that or I pay 24 dollars for the delivery, which would be almost the price of the case!

Speaking of the clarivue screen protectors, how good are they? Do they decrease the sensitivity? Do they require wet application (no way water is touching my phone!)? Also, is the anti-glare any good? I heard people complaining about light prisms being formed.
    They are pretty good. They go on easy. No water needed at all. I have the anti-glare and I like it. Light prisms are formed. It not that big of a deal to me. No decrease in sensitivity that I know of. The fit of the screen protector is great. Can't even tell that there is a screen protector on it. The anti-glare reduces screen clarity but not by a lot. If you really don't want the light prisms and the reduction in clarity then I would just go with the crystal clear one. if you want to see the website it is Clarivue Screen Protectors - Blackberry, iPhone 3G, HTC Droid Incredible protection

Hummm, I think I'll take your word on this one! I'm going to order me one of both. The places I'm going to be in the next months will be suuuuper sunny so I need the antiglare, and when I return to Montreal I'll get a Crystal Clear, since in the winter the sun rarely shows up! Thanks for the tips guys!

Here are some pictures of the phone with the screen protector on. The brightness is all the way up on one of the pictures.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links