N1 Otterbox Commuter Case experience...

This is a discussion on N1 Otterbox Commuter Case experience... within the Nexus One Accessories forums, part of the Nexus One category; so a couple of weeks ago I ordered my nexus1 otterbox commuter case.. i had originally intended on getting a case-mate tough case (actually placed ...

Thread: N1 Otterbox Commuter Case experience...

N1 Otterbox Commuter Case experience...

so a couple of weeks ago I ordered my nexus1 otterbox commuter case.. i had originally intended on getting a case-mate tough case (actually placed the order, but the guys at smartphoneexperts did not have any black in stock and i wasn't about to wait 2-3 week for shipping (to canada, as told by CM CSR) if i went through the CM webstore...

then i came across the new otterbox commuter case.. i had heard a lot of good things about otterbox products and the commuter was essentially the same protective design as the CM tough case.. placed my order and it arrive fairly promptly...

when it arrive i noticed a clean crack on the side of the hardshell cover, just above the volume rocker. after a quick email (with pics) to a customer care rep at otterbox, they shipped a warranty replacement the same day.

Thoughts thus far:
    - build/design quality not as great as anticipated
    - customer service is OUTSTANDING!

Today i received my warranty replacement... it was undamaged and the body case seems to fit well.

another nagging concern is the fact that they only include ONE screen protector film.. (the replacement screen protector actually have lint INBETWEEN the layer and now i have some ridiculous bubbles on my touchscreen while i try and find/order replacement films..

it would have been nice if they included more than one, like case mate, which include 3.

anyway, i would really like to get my hands on the CM tough case so I can do a legitimate comparison.

hope this helps anyone considering the otterbox for n1.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

would you purchase from them again? I am currently going back and forth between the Case-mate tough case and either of the Otterbox cases.
    CyanogenMod 6.0.0

Part Monster, Part Machine, ALL ANDROID

well, like i said, i haven't handled the CM tough case so i can't say definitively..

i'd give this otterbox a 7-7.5 out of 10 (and i think this may be generous)

the case seems solid and i DO feel my phone is adequately protected from drops etc, but that crack on the first case did appear to follow a bonded seam on the hard shell, so i wouldn't be surprised if it happened to someone else.. having said this, the shell is reinforced by the rubber body glove and the solid shape of the phone, which i believe strengthens the shell..

i would like to re-emphasize the amazing otterbox customer service on the warranty replacement process.. it was prompt, reasonable, and friendly!

but, given what i've read and seen of the tough case (esp the reviews) i would be inclined to get that instead. since you live in the states, choosing between the two isn't that much of an inconvenience. in my case i chose what i thought to be a comparable case, which was a little more expensive, but would arrive in a couple of days.

does your commuter have the coring inside it that the impact has?
    Wow my phone does everything .. except play WoW
    _____
    |derp |
    ŻŻŻŻ\|
    ------+----(thaddius)++++++++++

No, the rubber case component is flat, about 2.5mm thick

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links