Volume control headset?

This is a discussion on Volume control headset? within the Nexus One Accessories forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hello, I've been reading the forums for a couple of months and decided to join. So, I ran over the original N1 headsets and they ...

Thread: Volume control headset?

Volume control headset?

Hello, I've been reading the forums for a couple of months and decided to join.

So, I ran over the original N1 headsets and they broke and the remote controls do not work now. So I bought these Sony that are meant for iPhone but they kinda work well and sound better than the stock ones really.

I realized that the volume buttons, which do not work, would be awesome to have working on the nexus one, I listen to music all the time and searching for the volume keys in my pocket is really uncomfortable. I guess the problem is that N1 was not designed to see those extra signals (volume and triple click middle button to previous track).

Is there anybody working on drivers or an app that fixes these issues? I know there are other options like wireless and those wheel-like volume controls but this seems to be the cleanest option.

thanks!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I still find it weird that both the sony and the klipsch s4i were both designed for the iPhone and only the klipsch s4i volume function works with the Nexus One.

Anybody else having other experiences with headset volume and N1?

Can you hang up the phone (end calls) also with the s4i?
    I thought Froyo would fix this..

sorry, I meant that the the klipsch s4i seem to be the only ones I have found browsing the web that fully work with the N1. (volume etc)

I can hang up the phone by long pressing the middle button on my current sony headset. I am using froyo.

again, next track works, play /stop works,
    previous track (triple click) and volume keys do not work.

and if someone is interested in buying the klipsch s4i here are some coupons: http://www.retailmenot.com/view/klipsch.com
    I will wait a bit, I really would like to have the volume keys, plus those seem to have great sound.

I am using the Bluetooth Headset from SonyEricsson which got the vol control/music control as well

ive been looking for one so i can control volume and answer calls

are you sure the S4i volume control works on the N1?

because i am getting conflicting information from newegg:

Cons: On the Nexus One, which it isn't advertised to work with, you cannot use the volume controls or the skip BACK control. Play/pause and skip forward work perfectly. Keep this in mind if you're using an Android OS.
    The wiring feels really cheap, and is a bit shiny; I prefer matte finish for longevity of appearance and durability.
    Newegg.com - Klipsch IMAGE S4i Black Premium Noise-Isolating Headset w/3-button Apple control

I would like to hear confirmation of volume keys working too, but in case you still have your original nexus one headset, search the market for "Headset Volume Control"

it says it allows you to use the back and forward keys as volume controllers when held. Not sure it works though.

i didnt want to use the stock headset. I prefer to use the in-ear headset so that it will noise cancel the sound around me

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links