A N1 case that doesnt cover the port contacts?

This is a discussion on A N1 case that doesnt cover the port contacts? within the Nexus One Accessories forums, part of the Nexus One category; So I decided a needed a good case for the N1, so I wouldn't have to keep popping the phone out of its stock case ...

Thread: A N1 case that doesnt cover the port contacts?

A N1 case that doesnt cover the port contacts?

So I decided a needed a good case for the N1, so I wouldn't have to keep popping the phone out of its stock case and risk having it pop right onto the ground. So I got this nice slim hard case that snaps over the phone. But guess what, it covers the car dock ports so I had to take it off. It will be usefull on vacation since the car dock isn't an issue, but day to day? Useless. In CA you must be hands free, and I don't find earpieces that comfortable, so the car dock is a solution I want to keep (not to mention it was bloody expensive).

In fact all the cases I've seen don't seem to allow for car docking. I guess I can use one of the gel covers that can be more easily removed every time I get in the car, but really, what a pain. Or the ones that stick on and cover the back, assuming they offer any real protection.

Any suggestions?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I have a generic version of the Case-Mate gelli case and the contacts are exposed on the bottom. Now saying that NO case will work with either the car dock or home dock. I have gone through 3 cases and waiting on my Otterbox commuter case to come in now. My main needs for a case are. 1. Protection 2.Ease of removal 3.Style. I think the Otterbox will be top notch in all those categories.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links