Spare Battery Charger Question

This is a discussion on Spare Battery Charger Question within the Nexus One Accessories forums, part of the Nexus One category; Has anyone purchased the 4U Spare Battery Charger with USB Port for Nexus One from fommy.com? It looks like it would make a good travel ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spare Battery Charger Question

Spare Battery Charger Question

Has anyone purchased the 4U Spare Battery Charger with USB Port for Nexus One from fommy.com? It looks like it would make a good travel charger as well as provide a way to keep a spare battery charged outside of the phone. Of course that assumes that it works as advertised - it looks a bit cheap.

If you bought it, what do you think of it?

The link is:

4U Spare Battery Charger with USB Port For Google, Google Nexus One PB99100 - Batteries - Fommy.com

Thanks!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I've not bought that one, but I got this instead after a recommendation in another thread. Seems pretty good

I got that same charger from Hong Kong at eBay for $5 shipped (took 3 weeks to receive though.)

Thanks! I may see if I can find one on eBay. I like cheap and I'm willing to wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Reteb View Post
    I've not bought that one, but I got this instead after a recommendation in another thread. Seems pretty good
    Are the batteries still holding a charge like new? I've seen that floating around and been tempted at times, but it just smells kinda fishy. ...Almost as fishy as Seido charging $50 for a battery that has only 200 more mAH than the stock 1400 mAH units, but... batteries can be a shady business.

I can't seem to find any alternatives I trust other than buying a stock battery from Google for $25.
    :nexusx: A new hope. :nexusx:

I have the official N1 dock and the Seidio dock with spare battery charger. The Seidio dock is a good dock but I prefer the official N1 dock because of the features. It has permanently replaced my bedside alarm clock. I also like the fact that it charges through the gold contacts instead of a usb type charger. The ability to play music when the phone isn't in the dock is a feature that makes the steeper price tag worth every penny.

Here's the one I bought:

Battery Charger for HTC Google Nexus One N1 - eBay (item 270544106645 end time Jul-07-10 12:37:12 PDT)

Charges spare battery and you can also plug in your phone via USB... so in effect you can charge 2 batteries at the same time.

Only $4.86 shipped - I used it aboard ship on a week long cruise. Worked great!

Specification:

Input: AC 100-240V 50/60Hz 0.15A
    Output: DC 4.2V 350mA
    Output: USB 5.2Vd.c. 800mA

Descriptions:

This travel charger can be used anywhere in the world with the U.S version 2pin style plug. If you have trouble finding a power outlet, then you can plug the charger to a laptop or PC/Mac through a standard USB cable. It let you charge your phone like a Home / AC Charger.

* Easy to charge your battery without the phone.
    * Built-in protection circuit prevents overcharging and heats.
    * LED Charge indicator.
    * Charge from a USB port or power outlet.
    * Can charge two batteries at the same time.
    * CE and CCC certification.

LED display pattern:
    Charge indicator light: red
    Full charge indicator light: green

Just a word of warning. I bought a battery as well as a charger as the one above from ebay for a little less then $20. Everything works great, except I just started noticing on the spare battery it runs out a lot quicker. At full charge my spare battery shows only 9 hours according to my battery widget.

Quote Originally Posted by NexusWon View Post
    Are the batteries still holding a charge like new?
    No such thing as a free lunch?
    In all fairness I've only had the new batteries for around a month and so far they are fine. Previous experience tells me that they will probably not last as long, in the longer term, but hey, the price is good enough to mean that you can have a couple of spares and a charger for around the price of an original item.

I haven't bought one but I was looking for this one to buy but I prefer to buy a solar charger if I could get it at a good affordable price.This one seems quite impressive.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links