No Screen Protector

This is a discussion on No Screen Protector within the Nexus One Accessories forums, part of the Nexus One category; just ordered a clear protector from clarivue... ill like it hopefully. not really scared of scratches... its just that the fingerprints and constant wiping bother ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: No Screen Protector

just ordered a clear protector from clarivue... ill like it hopefully. not really scared of scratches... its just that the fingerprints and constant wiping bother me.

no case either apart from the stock neoprene case.

another thing that is a slight bother is the lint, and small specks of i dont know what on the border where the glass meets the actual body of the nexus.

no scratches yet.

installed an "anti-fingerprint" (capdase brand) screen protector last week... took it off after 3 days since screen quality was compromised. the feel of gliding a finger on that one was pretty good though.

I have a Clarivue screen protector on mine. First screen protector I have ever used - took me three tries to get it on without dust bubbles. I still have one dust bubble that I have learned to deal with. It works great, I don't have to wipe my screen as much as I did before. But when the screen gets dirty enough, mine lets me know - when typing an email or text, I will get several letters for one key press and sometimes I get ghost presses where letters will just randomly pop up on the screen and several of them too.

i dont understand why you wouldnt use a screen protector.

unless you get a really dodgy one you cant even tell they're there. The last one i had took me forever to get it off simply because i couldnt find the edge of it. ( i upgraded it to the skinomi full body skin) and my last phone got two short but deep scratches on it within minutes of my baby daughter running off with my phone. I think my old phones screen may have been plastic, im not sure, but even if this screen is scratch resistant, its just not worth the risk when the screen protectors are almost invisible.

i know a lot of people have trouble with bubbles or dust that got left on there before applying the screen protector, but if you take your time applying the skin and check in all angles of light for even the most tiny spec of dust, it wont be a problem.

I cant even imagine how pissed off i would be if i got a scratch on my screen.
    Wow my phone does everything .. except play WoW
    _____
    |derp |
    ŻŻŻŻ\|
    ------+----(thaddius)++++++++++

Had a Clariview anti glare, but the image quality got reduced too much. So now I put on the Boxwave clear and I'm satisfied with image quality. Glare is more than before, but just not worth sacrificing the nice picture quality of the nexus one. Only major problem is the bubbles on the sides because of the case. I'm considering reducing the size of the protector a bit with a scissor so it doesn't get bubbles from the case, but the bubbles don't seem to affect functionality so might not be worth the risk. Just a bit ugly with the bubbles that's all.

I do everything nekkid

In fact, my junk is hanging out as I type this.
    No raincoats for me!

But seriously, things like sharp rock, and I mean sharp on a microscopic scale, not necessarily something that feels sharp to your finger, will probably scratch the screen, so if you find a screen protector that doesn't degrade the visuals or the touch screen function, use it!

TD

I don't use one. No need. The glass screen is so scratch resistant it's funny. I have my phone since Feb, and use daily (more that I should, but I can't put it down). I've used it with very dirty sandy hands as I was at the beach playing V-ball, and I could feel the sand between my finger and the screen yet when I got home I cleaned it off with windex, and it's a smooth and clear as when it left the factory. There is a video on youtube floating around too with a guy who demos how good the screen is by trying to scratch the hell out of it with a key and stuff, and not one mark was left. The bottom line is the screen is practically bomb proof, and will NOT be scratched. Cuz I said so!

No screen protector, No casing.

I just use the android pouch given in the box.

I am however looking for a flip case for it. Since Nexus isn't so popular here in Australia, there are no cases for it here.

The iphone cases work well for the nexus too, but the camera is located differently.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyphoenix View Post
    I don't use one. No need. The glass screen is so scratch resistant it's funny. I have my phone since Feb, and use daily (more that I should, but I can't put it down). I've used it with very dirty sandy hands as I was at the beach playing V-ball, and I could feel the sand between my finger and the screen yet when I got home I cleaned it off with windex, and it's a smooth and clear as when it left the factory. There is a video on youtube floating around too with a guy who demos how good the screen is by trying to scratch the hell out of it with a key and stuff, and not one mark was left. The bottom line is the screen is practically bomb proof, and will NOT be scratched. Cuz I said so!
    Erm, LOL? Yeah the screen is scratch resistant but damn, I'd still wouldn't touch it with sandy hands lol. Anyways, you don't need screen protector. Don't spend 15 dollars on screen protectors that will make no difference if you drop your phone face down from a table, and don't put 2 dollar ****ty screen protectors that will decrease your screen viewing quality. Like I said, get one if u want anti fingerprint, privacy shield or antiglare. Otherwise don't bother.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links