No Screen Protector

This is a discussion on No Screen Protector within the Nexus One Accessories forums, part of the Nexus One category; How many of you use your phone without a screen protector? I am wondering if the screen on the Nexus One is scratch resistant. Sent ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No Screen Protector

No Screen Protector

How many of you use your phone without a screen protector? I am wondering if the screen on the Nexus One is scratch resistant.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

no screen protector being used here, not a scratch on it. theres also a youtube video of some kid taking his key to the screen and nothing happens

After much urging from my sister who has a Hero, I bought and installed a screen protector for my Nexus One.
    My boss doesn't have one on his Nexus One, his phone slid off of his sofa and his has an 1" long deep scratch on his screen.

I have owned an iPhone for two years and only have one or two minor scratches on the corners of the case when I dropped it (only three times). Nothing on the screen. I have no screen protector or any kind of skin or cover. I wear a belt case for carrying while at work and I just stick it in my pocket any other time. Never had any problems with scratches but I have had issues with lint in the headphone jack. My N1 should arrive today, any minute in fact, and I don't plan to use a screen protector on that either.

I was debating with myself ether get screen protectors for my nexus one and this is the conclusion I got. Go on YouTube and search for Nexus One excessive screen test - the guy pushes keys and scissors real hardcore down the nexus one screen and doesn't get one scratch. The screen is made of really resistant glass. I am not wearing a screen protector because to scratch the nexus one screen it has to be a really strong impact (such as dropping the phone). I think in a situation like that a screen protector would make absolutely no difference. So no, I don't use it and I don't think they are necessary in the nexus one case, unless you're buying a screen protector for a specific reason, such as a anti-glare or privacy shield. Otherwise, just use the common sense of not putting the phone in the same pocket of sharp objects or dropping it on the floor ; )

Naked, but with the neoprene suit on when in public.

I cant stand cases and screen protectors. Why buy a phone as sexy and sleek as the Nexus, and then spend MORE money and take everything away from the fine piece of engineering?

Another vote for naked and sleeved when necessary.
    Jason
    Nexus One

Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post
    Naked, but with the neoprene suit on when in public.
    I really liked the neoprene suit, but I bought a case anyways. It gets really slippery where I live in the winter, so I decree to take a safer route. My old blackberry is very familiar with icy surfaces ; )

I just ordered me a case for mine the other day. I have a holder that goes on my belt for it that I use 5 days a week at the office, but when at home, it is naked (except for the screen protector). I spend too much time outside with it and set it on the ground that it started to really bug me. Plus I ordered a bright orange one to (hopefully) make it more visible and easier to find.

at first i was gonna go naked screen, but the gelli case came with a free screen protector so i said hey why not?
    im keepin it on since theres no difference from what i can tell with the screen protector
    now i can keep the phone in the same pocket with my keys jk XD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links