How Long Does Your Nexus One Take To Charge

This is a discussion on How Long Does Your Nexus One Take To Charge within the Nexus One Accessories forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hello everyone, newbie here so be gentle!! Have just purchased a Seidio Jr. and was wondering if anyone is experiencing very long charging times? I ...

Thread: How Long Does Your Nexus One Take To Charge

How Long Does Your Nexus One Take To Charge

Hello everyone, newbie here so be gentle!!

Have just purchased a Seidio Jr. and was wondering if anyone is experiencing very long charging times? I know it is charging from USB and this always takes longer but TBO plugged the phone in this morning, around 11.00 and at 4pm it is still only 88% charged, is this also what you are seeing through USB?

Also, just slightly off track, the moveable connector in the Seidio Jr. is not easy to get on with, seem to feel it will scratch the base of the phone over time as you fumble around trying to get it in the stand, any comments.

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Google Advertisement
    Android.net is the premier Android Forum on the internet.

I don't know how big that battery is, but the standard battery takes about 2 hours from dead using the AC adapter. Double that for USB (so 4 hours). So if your battery is much larger than the standard, then it sounds about right.

It's the standard batery, just seems to take forever via USB, and before you ask, it's USB2.0.

I have a Milestone as well, sat in front of it and that charges in around 3 hours, again using USB.

Seems a long time..................

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkins_Family View Post
    It's the standard batery, just seems to take forever via USB, and before you ask, it's USB2.0.
    What's a "Seidio Jr." then? And why did you mention it?

Also, the charge times that I mentioned earlier were for phone off.

If the phone is on and doing things, the times will be longer.

P.S. Ok, I looked up Seido Jr. and it mentions "syncing and charging at the same time". This will extend charge times.

Seidio Jr. is a dock, connecting via USB. check it out on www. seidoonline.com, very neat and doesn't take up too much room on the desk.

Back to the main item............

The phone is on, but so is my Milestone, in fact the Mielstone is my work phone so gets hit with emails, calls etc far more than the Nexus. Will keep an eye on it though as when traveling this sort of recharge time will not really be acceptable and will have to carry a spare battery I guess.

What's wrong with the wall charger? It will charge twice as fast. Or the desktop dock from Google will also charge at the faster rate.

TBO, I have just run out of power sockets, it's like the starship enerprise in here, my desk is for work and home use, so wanted to make use of the USB points in the PC's. Also, I know that if I plug it into the wall somewhere I will just forget it. Poor excuses I know.

The desk charger also enables you to sync music etc, so it's more than just a charger, the Google desktop does not sync via usb, only bluetooth and will only charge from a wall point, no USB charge.

Plug into AC overnight, so you start with a full charge, then dock it to keep it topped up, then no need for a second battery. This is what I do,except I use the car dock instead of a desk dock. I was going to get the second battery, but now have no need.

My Nexus one takes maximum 2 hours to charged fully and the most important thing that I can use the phone while its charging.Its just amazing!!

Ads