Charging whilst using GPS

This is a discussion on Charging whilst using GPS within the Nexus One Accessories forums, part of the Nexus One category; Originally Posted by alphawave7 ...you could set up location profiles, so WIFI is only on in the home/work, and GPS bluetooth enabled when away, for ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Charging whilst using GPS

Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post
    ...you could set up location profiles, so WIFI is only on in the home/work, and GPS bluetooth enabled when away, for example. It's a bit fiddly. but does work automagically.
    Auto-magic is what I want!
    Having looked around and seen comments from other posts I've loaded "Setting Profiles". Brilliant bit of software that automatically switches off WiFi in the car (when it detects the pairing with my Bluetooth) and switches GPS off when I'm at home or work. It also permits loads of other functions to happen based on location or events. I'll say it once more, a brilliant bit of software!

Thanks Alphawave

jah
    Quote Originally Posted by Reteb View Post
    ...you could set up location profiles, so WIFI is only on in the home/work, and GPS bluetooth enabled when away, for example. It's a bit fiddly. but does work automagically.
    Having looked around and seen comments from other posts I've loaded "Setting Profiles". Brilliant bit of software that automatically switches off WiFi in the car (when it detects the pairing with my Bluetooth) and switches GPS off when I'm at home or work. It also permits loads of other functions to happen based on location or events. I'll say it once more, a brilliant bit of software!

Thanks Alphawave
    I'm not seeing that in the app store. Is that the name? Who is the dev? Might just not be there for Froyo.

Quote Originally Posted by jah View Post
    "Setting Profiles" ...Who is the dev?
    Website is www.probeez.com

jah
    Quote Originally Posted by jah View Post
    "Setting Profiles" ...Who is the dev?
    Website is www.probeez.com
    Thanks!

:-)

Is anyone experiencing poor charging when using GPS and a (generic) car charger?

Although the charging light shows amber, the N1 uses more power than the charger can provide. So I might start a journey on 80% charge, but finish with 60%, although it's plugged in and appearing to charge all the time.
    I've had this sort of problem with previous phones, but a good charger normally is sufficient. The car charger is a universal USB output charger marked as 1amp, using a standard USB to micro-USB cable.

Anyone use the Car Dock and can confirm that charging is OK with that?
    Well my experience has yielded similar results, I have the Nexus car dock. I recently vacationed for 10 days in which I drove to visit relatives, I live in Connecticut my family lives in Montgomery Al, while the gps performed awesome my battery could never retain it's charge. I fully charged the phone with stock ac adapter before mounting in dock.

Keep in mind my destination is 1200 +- miles from home, so I had ample time to really put the navigation through it's paces, I made two stops along the way in which I got a hotel for the night, I would charge the battery again with ac charger in preparation for hitting the road again, same result battery lost it's charge while using car dock for navigation only, I played no music via the phone, no wifi or bluetooth and had the screen dimmed to it's lowest setting.

Also the phone got pretty damned hot, inspite of the heat issue it continued to work pretty flawless. I had the phone mounted on dash and it;s very easy to read display and the occasional voice search for a dunkin donuts "not an easy task in the deep south". On another note, Tmobiles coverage is pretty damn good, for a good portion of my journey I had 3g and when I passed through very rural areas the edge coverage was rock solid.

Sorry to be so long winded, but this info may help someone planning a long road trip what to expect from their Nexus. Even when I ran into major traffic, I was confident in the navigations abilty to leave the interstate and trust it would re-route me without fault, I was not disappointed the phone rerouted me clear of every traffic jam!The Nexus gets an A+ for it's navigation.

The only thing "missing" in the navigator, is the ability to set multiple destinations at once, at least I saw no way of doing so.
    Look ma! I'm a super moderator, my life has purpose now. :butt1:

Thanks Alphawave
    great app. thanks:nexusx:
    If I had to name my greatest strength, I guess it would be my humility. Greatest weakness, it's possible that I'm a little too awesome.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links