Charging whilst using GPS

This is a discussion on Charging whilst using GPS within the Nexus One Accessories forums, part of the Nexus One category; Is anyone experiencing poor charging when using GPS and a (generic) car charger? Although the charging light shows amber, the N1 uses more power than ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Charging whilst using GPS

Charging whilst using GPS

Is anyone experiencing poor charging when using GPS and a (generic) car charger?

Although the charging light shows amber, the N1 uses more power than the charger can provide. So I might start a journey on 80% charge, but finish with 60%, although it's plugged in and appearing to charge all the time.
    I've had this sort of problem with previous phones, but a good charger normally is sufficient. The car charger is a universal USB output charger marked as 1amp, using a standard USB to micro-USB cable.

Anyone use the Car Dock and can confirm that charging is OK with that?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I believe the only solution is to dim the screen to the lowest acceptable level...full bright (due to sunlight) will exhaust it faster than the charger can replenish.

If you have everything turned on (Wifi, GPS, nav app running, screen full brightness, etc.), the charger will not keep up.

Quote Originally Posted by Beer Goggles View Post
    If you have everything turned on (Wifi, GPS, nav app running, screen full brightness, etc.), the charger will not keep up.
    Great!
    Nice slim phone, but a pocket full of spare batteries!!

Quote Originally Posted by Reteb View Post
    Great!
    Won't be a problem if your trips stay at only depleting 20% of your cell! :rofl3:

I haven't had a problem so far, but then I never enable WiFi. Maybe your charger isn't up to specs?

Great!
    I'm pretty sure you can do without Wifi while you're on the road....

Good point. As long as I remember to switch it back on when I need it though!
    It's just nice to leave everything on all the time, but battery technology (and hardware) isn't there yet. I bet we'll look back in 5 years time and wonder how we ever put up with these limitations?!

It's just nice to leave everything on all the time, but battery technology (and hardware) isn't there yet. I bet we'll look back in 5 years time and wonder how we ever put up with these limitations?!
    Alternatively, you could set up location profiles, so WIFI is only on in the home/work, and GPS bluetooth enabled when away, for example. It's a bit fiddly. but does work automagically.

jah
    You could always use an inverter and a regular charger. You can get an inverter cheap on amazon.

I used mine on a trip last week, although I don't use bluetooth and I had wifi off, I used a generic charger and gps and it did great. But I wasn't using it for media, either.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links