Looking to buy a car dock

This is a discussion on Looking to buy a car dock within the Nexus One Accessories forums, part of the Nexus One category; Is the nexus one car dock worth $55. 00 big one's or should I buy cheap from ebay?...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking to buy a car dock

Looking to buy a car dock

Is the nexus one car dock worth $55. 00 big one's or should I buy cheap from ebay?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

You may wish to look at the brodit mounts, I have one for the Nexus and are very pleased with it.

I don't like windscreen mounts and didn't want to damage my dash with drills and screws. The brodit mounts attach to the car between the seams of the dash so there is no damage and no fuss.

They have a number of mounts for the Nexus and do the dash board clips for a large number of cars. They aren't that cheap though.

The problem with the Google Dock is it does not work with cases on your phone, so you have to either forgo a case, or pull it out every time you dock it. Im still looking for a better alternative.
    Asus Transformer & Dock - Stock OS
    NookColor - Not Rooted - Running CM7 on mSD
    AT&T Nexus One - Not Rooted
    SquareTrade Warranty - Purchased
    Case-Mate Tough Case + Screen Protector
    Wave Secure + Lookout

Will take a look at brodit mounts do that have built-in speaker and charge the phone? I don't put my nexus in a case just use a screen cover so that should not be a problem if it fits in the dock.

the built in speaker is useless. barley louder than speaker phone. if i had it to do again I wouldn't buy it
    If I had to name my greatest strength, I guess it would be my humility. Greatest weakness, it's possible that I'm a little too awesome.

The brodit or oem mount has bad speckers?

Quote Originally Posted by johnny cizzle View Post
    the built in speaker is useless. barley louder than speaker phone. if i had it to do again I wouldn't buy it
    You must not have the volume turned up (using the controls on the dock). The speaker in the dock is WAY louder than the phone speaker. When I disabled the external speaker, I can barely hear the built-in voice. With the dock speaker, I can hear it even with my windows open.

To me, this is why the Google dock is worth the money. The phone speaker is so weak, using another dock is not going to be a great experience.

Quote Originally Posted by bozzy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny cizzle View Post
    You must not have the volume turned up (using the controls on the dock). The speaker in the dock is WAY louder than the phone speaker. When I disabled the external speaker, I can barely hear the built-in voice. With the dock speaker, I can hear it even with my windows open.

To me, this is why the Google dock is worth the money. The phone speaker is so weak, using another dock is not going to be a great experience.
    I'm with you Bozzy, I think that the car dock is plenty loud enough. I mean, really, how loud is a speaker that small going to be?

It seems like people really do expect miracles these days. Being realistic is just completely out of fashion these days.

i do in fact have the volume up on both the phone and dock. it is barley louder at all on my dock. my expectations are very reasonable considering the price.
    If I had to name my greatest strength, I guess it would be my humility. Greatest weakness, it's possible that I'm a little too awesome.

On mine, the dock is easily 30-50% louder than stock speaker.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links