Got My CaseMate Tough Case

This is a discussion on Got My CaseMate Tough Case within the Nexus One Accessories forums, part of the Nexus One category; Came in the mail yesterday, faster than I expected, especially coming from the States via regular mail. I ordered it June 7th, so only took ...

Thread: Got My CaseMate Tough Case

Got My CaseMate Tough Case

Came in the mail yesterday, faster than I expected, especially coming from the States via regular mail. I ordered it June 7th, so only took 2 weeks.

Very impressed with the case. I like the feel of it. Gives the phone a more solid heft, and feels definitely more protected.

The soft silicone part sticks out in the front, to protect the screen all around, but there's another added benefit:

Before, my palm would always graze the screen and cause it to go all whacky on me when trying to scroll a page (amongst other things). Now, it actually seems to prevent my palm from doing that, so no more problem!

I like the idea of an insulated silicone inner and a hard shell. I think that will provide great protection if I ever drop this sucker.

Not sure I like the screen protector, in sunlight, finger smudges seem to show up a lot more, and it's seems to be a *little* harder to clean, but that's an ok price to pay for not scratching the N1's screen.

Anyway, very happy with this thing. A bit of a pain to get off to change the battery, but that's going to happen with any case, methinks...

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

thanks for the info!
    it might be too early to tell but how's the heat with that thing?
    With the case I have for my magic(nexus one is in the mail right now), it sometimes gets hot while charging but that's not a problem because I can take it off very easily. The case-mate tough case seems pretty hard to take off though. Also, does it seem like it might wear out after being put on and taken off many times? Because of the heat, I would probably take it off every night but it doesn't look like it was built to be taken off regularly.

Thanks,
    Samuel Maskell

The CaseMate is a *little* hard to take off, but once you figure it out, it's actually pretty easy. You just use a fingernail and pop off the hard case on the right side, then pull off the soft silicone. The hard case goes back on the same way, left first (for the volume buttons), then snaps on the right.

I haven't noticed any heat issues over the last couple days.. but I'll keep checking. Perhaps the silicone would absorb some of the heat? I've been leaving it on the charger at night..

Also, that case looks pretty durable and rigid, so I don't see it getting wrecked by going on and off too many times, like so of my older soft cases have done with other phones, but really only time will tell.

That said, I do find myself swapping less and less to my spare battery..

Posting this from my brand new nexus one! Got it at lunch today. I'm so stoked. Anyway, thanks again for all the info. I think I'll order one of these cases tonight.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links