Invisible Shield?

This is a discussion on Invisible Shield? within the Nexus One Accessories forums, part of the Nexus One category; Originally Posted by tiaza Don't bother with a full shield. I got just the screen cover. The body is already metal and won't scratch much ...

View Poll Results: Do you like the app

Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll
  • best

1 100.00%
  • good

0 0%
  • avg

0 0%
  • bad

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Invisible Shield?

Quote Originally Posted by tiaza View Post
    Don't bother with a full shield. I got just the screen cover. The body is already metal and won't scratch much anyway. I've used these screens on many devices, and they are amazing. You really can scratch them up with a key and it will leave NO mark at all. Enjoy.
    Actually the back of the phone, the battery cover and the lowest cover (where HTC is written), are made of plastic.

When I first bought my phone, I knew I wanted to buy a skin to protect it. At the time, I was oblivious to the fact that there are Zagg alternatives out there, so I bought the full body protection without doing any research. I regret it dearly and it was the biggest waste of money.

First, whoever designed it did a pretty poor job. Far too many pieces, allowing for more places that can peel at the edges, and it just looks ridiculous. Secondly, it's ridiculously overpriced.

After doing research, I read many positive reviews of Best Skins Ever and ordered one right away. I am so glad I did. MUCH more reasonably priced (<$10 for BSE vs. $30 for Zagg) and looks and feels much better on the device. The one thing about Zagg, I found, was that it had a "tacky" finish, giving it grip, but also making it feel sticky in your hand and tougher to glide your finger across the screen. The BSE skin has a smooth and clear finish, and doesn't have that "tacky" feel. This may be personal preference, but I like BSE much better.

The thing with BSE is that it's really the "no frills" phone skin - you get the skin in a plain white envelope. No "application solution", no "squeegee". You make your own solution with a drop of dish soap in warm water, and use an old credit card as your squeegee. I ripped my Zagg off and installed my BSE a few weeks ago and I am glad I did. It's installed the same way, and it was a breeze, especially after having experience installing the Zagg. Next device I get, I will be grabbing a BSE and I would recommend it to anyone. And no, I am in no way affiliated with the site. I am merely a satisfied customer.

Zagg sucks!

Check out my post in the "screen protector for nexus" thread.
    The photos....

Again, I recommend just the screen shield. I didn't even turn the phone off or leave it off 24 hours. Just don't be rough with it the day you put it on.

I bought three and tried one, but took them off and gave one away, one sitting on my desk. I like the fact that it doesn't add much bulk and the phone is not slippery any more, but I didn't like those edges. I feel them on my hands all the time. One of those crystal cases works better for me and they are dirt cheap.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links