Case-mate Tough or Seidio Innocase II?

This is a discussion on Case-mate Tough or Seidio Innocase II? within the Nexus One Accessories forums, part of the Nexus One category; Which do you think is the better case, the Case-mate Tough Hybrid or the Seidio Innocase II? I'm stuck between these two choices. The Case-mate ...

Thread: Case-mate Tough or Seidio Innocase II?

Case-mate Tough or Seidio Innocase II?

Which do you think is the better case, the Case-mate Tough Hybrid or the Seidio Innocase II? I'm stuck between these two choices. The Case-mate is more expensive, but it comes with a screen protector (which I've heard isn't that great). Either way, I will probably end up buying a Clarivue screen protector anyways. The thing I'm concerned about with the Seidio is that the soft material is only on the back of the case, not on the sides, so is it easy for the edges of the Nexus One to get scratched? With the Case-mate, i was wondering about the flimsy silicone edges on the top and bottom--do they become bothersome at all, especially if using the trackball? Finally, does the case-mate make it hard to press the volume/power buttons? Thanks for any feedback!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Seido all the way! Very well made and a great fit.

I have to vote for the Case-Mate Tough myself. I think the double layer protection is superior IF you don't mind the added bulk.

One benefit of the tough case is the raised lip around the screen. This does 2 things:
    1. Protects the screen from being scratched if it skids across the ground
    2. Prevents your palm from registering on the touchscreen (this may matter more or less depending on how you hold the phone.)

The silicone sleeve is a little flexible on the top and bottom where it is unsupported but NOT a real annoyance for me. It doesn't interfere with my operation of the trackball at all. More often I hit the home key using the TB then hit the bumper.

As for the "feel" of the buttons. Yes and no.
    It does reduce the noticeable "click" when pressing the volume down key, but it doesn't make them any harder to find or push. The other buttons seem unaffected to me.

Just an aside, but I improved the feel of the "volume down" key (significantly) by taking a dremel to the slot for it and widening as well as elongating the cutout by a tiny amount.

I also use the Seido Innocase Sized (not the "naked" version) leather horizontal belt holster and the phone sits nice and snug in it with the Tough case on it. It is the perfect size for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Abrupt Demise View Post
    I have to vote for the Case-Mate Tough myself. I think the double layer protection is superior IF you don't mind the added bulk.

One benefit of the tough case is the raised lip around the screen. This does 2 things:
    1. Protects the screen from being scratched if it skids across the ground
    2. Prevents your palm from registering on the touchscreen (this may matter more or less depending on how you hold the phone.)

The silicone sleeve is a little flexible on the top and bottom where it is unsupported but NOT a real annoyance for me. It doesn't interfere with my operation of the trackball at all. More often I hit the home key using the TB then hit the bumper.

As for the "feel" of the buttons. Yes and no.
    It does reduce the noticeable "click" when pressing the volume down key, but it doesn't make them any harder to find or push. The other buttons seem unaffected to me.

Just an aside, but I improved the feel of the "volume down" key (significantly) by taking a dremel to the slot for it and widening as well as elongating the cutout by a tiny amount.

I also use the Seido Innocase Sized (not the "naked" version) leather horizontal belt holster and the phone sits nice and snug in it with the Tough case on it. It is the perfect size for it.
    I would agree, love the case mate double protection. also, its easy to remove from the case and put into the dock at night. I have dropped my N1 several times and the phone has came out without a scratch. I have not had any issues with the buttons, very easy to press through the gel skin.

I own both cases an even though i like them both id go with the seidio. It feels great in the hand, doesnt add any bulk, an it just looks better on the phone than the case-mate

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links