Blueant S4 / Vlingo

This is a discussion on Blueant S4 / Vlingo within the Nexus One Accessories forums, part of the Nexus One category; I just got the Blueant S4 for my brithday and it is awesome. I commute an hour to work and an hour home on the ...

Thread: Blueant S4 / Vlingo

Question Blueant S4 / Vlingo

I just got the Blueant S4 for my brithday and it is awesome. I commute an hour to work and an hour home on the Nation's 3rd deadliest road so hands free is a must for me. I originally had the Google Car Dock and was very unhappy about the speaker quality. I could barely hear and I had to yell for anyone else to hear me. The S4 is totally night and day. Very loud and clear and totally hands free (with a catch.) You need to buy the Vlingo app as the only "Phone commands" that the S4 uses is the Phone Dialer not the all encompassing Google voice search as well. So I can not simply speak "Navigate to ..." I am just looking for some feedback on the Vlingo app being used with the S4. Does it work good? Is it worth the $10 bucks? Any tips or tricks with it? Oh and is it weird that I dock my phone in the Google dock and then pair it to the S4? Thanks.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by dilagable View Post
    I just got the Blueant S4 for my brithday and it is awesome. I commute an hour to work and an hour home on the Nation's 3rd deadliest road so hands free is a must for me. I originally had the Google Car Dock and was very unhappy about the speaker quality. I could barely hear and I had to yell for anyone else to hear me. The S4 is totally night and day. Very loud and clear and totally hands free (with a catch.) You need to buy the Vlingo app as the only "Phone commands" that the S4 uses is the Phone Dialer not the all encompassing Google voice search as well. So I can not simply speak "Navigate to ..." I am just looking for some feedback on the Vlingo app being used with the S4. Does it work good? Is it worth the $10 bucks? Any tips or tricks with it? Oh and is it weird that I dock my phone in the Google dock and then pair it to the S4? Thanks.
    I also own the S4 and also love it! I haven't tried Vlingo with it also because of the price. I wish they had a trial before you buy. If you wait maybe about 2 more weeks for BlueAnt to release an Android app specifically made for the S4 and it's free. I had it the first time they released about a month ago then I changed phones and it wasn't available in the market anymore. I called them and they said they would bring it back in about 2 weeks. It works great with the S4. here is the link. Android Application - BlueAnt Wireless you can also purchase the Vlingo app to try it out and if you uninstall it within 24 hours of purchasing it you will get a refund. i haven't had a chance to try it though. I guess I just really want the BlueAnt app instead.

I have the S4, nice device so far. i went to the Blueant link provided above and was able to download the android apk but when you say "phone command" the S4 turns you over to the N1 voice dialer so you can only place a call, it does not take you to the voice search option. Also, the N1 voice, when you are in the dialler,has very low volume and is hard to hear.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links