Nexus one Charger Amperage?

This is a discussion on Nexus one Charger Amperage? within the Nexus One Accessories forums, part of the Nexus One category; Hello, I am building a little wooden dock for my nexus one and I am thinking about reusing an AC adapter from my previous samsung ...

Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Nexus one Charger Amperage?

  1. #1
    Junior Member brunoxyz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    22

    Nexus one Charger Amperage?

    Hello, I am building a little wooden dock for my nexus one and I am thinking about reusing an AC adapter from my previous samsung dumb phone.

    the original Nexus one adapter has a 5V and 1A output, the samsung adapter has 5V and 0.7A

    what considerations should I have? can that damage the battery? is it gonna charge slower, say like when it is connected to a USB port?


    thanks.

  2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

  3. #2
    Junior Member Beer Goggles's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by brunoxyz View Post
    Hello, I am building a little wooden dock for my nexus one and I am thinking about reusing an AC adapter from my previous samsung dumb phone.

    the original Nexus one adapter has a 5V and 1A output, the samsung adapter has 5V and 0.7A

    what considerations should I have? can that damage the battery? is it gonna charge slower, say like when it is connected to a USB port?


    thanks.
    Yes, it will charge slower than the standard AC adapter (the USB charge is 0.5A).

    Voltage is the same so I don't see a problem so long as you connect the right pins.

  4. #3
    Junior Member brunoxyz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    22
    thank you, I think I'll use the samsung adapter then, I just want to charge it overnight so it should be fine.

  5. #4
    Member killerbender's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    91
    the apmere only states the time it will take to charge. The more amperes, the more quick will charge. But too much will damage the battery. The accepted values are between 0.5A (usb) and 1A (wall charger)

  6. #5
    Android Lurker aseems's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    0
    i have found I am able to charge with any microusb charger.. Nokia, Samsung, SE, BB...
    the benefits of standardisation!

    Wait and see ... i believe Android will soon be another standard ! :D

  7. #6
    Junior Member hndn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by aseems View Post
    i have found I am able to charge with any microusb charger.. Nokia, Samsung, SE, BB...
    the benefits of standardisation!

    Wait and see ... i believe Android will soon be another standard ! :D
    I bought N1 used & was supplied with BB microusb charger. The output stated on the charger is 5V=700amp. I'm kinda skeptical whether it's the same as the original (the charge time)?

  8. #7
    Android Lurker aseems's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by hndn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by aseems View Post
    i have found I am able to charge with any microusb charger.. Nokia, Samsung, SE, BB...
    the benefits of standardisation!

    Wait and see ... i believe Android will soon be another standard ! :D
    I bought N1 used & was supplied with BB microusb charger. The output stated on the charger is 5V=700amp. I'm kinda skeptical whether it's the same as the original (the charge time)?
    It might be slightly slower... But slower isn't bad for the battery..
    I find the back plate of my n1 gets hot when charging with my OEM charger

  9. #8
    Android Addict alphawave7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    609
    Thanked
    62 times
    Quote Originally Posted by killerbender View Post
    the apmere only states the time it will take to charge. The more amperes, the more quick will charge. But too much will damage the battery. The accepted values are between 0.5A (usb) and 1A (wall charger)
    Actually, the device will draw what it needs from the tank..even a 2 or 5 amp amp charger would be just fine. IIRC, the Nexus 'wants' between 730 to 850ma, so a 1 amp charger would be sufficient, anything larger simply means it could be re-used for other, more demanding devices.

  10. #9
    Junior Member hndn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by aseems View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hndn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by aseems View Post
    i have found I am able to charge with any microusb charger.. Nokia, Samsung, SE, BB...
    the benefits of standardisation!

    Wait and see ... i believe Android will soon be another standard ! :D
    I bought N1 used & was supplied with BB microusb charger. The output stated on the charger is 5V=700amp. I'm kinda skeptical whether it's the same as the original (the charge time)?
    It might be slightly slower... But slower isn't bad for the battery..
    I find the back plate of my n1 gets hot when charging with my OEM charger
    Mine gets hot too. Should I buy the OEM charger or keep the BB charger?

  11. #10
    Android Lurker aseems's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    0
    General Advice -
    1) If it works for you.. don't buy another
    2) If it ain't broke.. don't try to fix it

    For Example - http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...olution-2.html
    I found the Stock Launcher was broke - so I've converted to using the Launcher Pro Thanks to Kevin808

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. How to silence ringers when on a call
    By Epic Forums User in forum Samsung Epic 4G
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-27-2010, 12:46 PM

Search tags for this page

andriod charging amperage
,
android charge amperage
,
google nexus one charger specifications
,
htc google nexus one charger voltwge
,
htc nexus one ac adapter
,
htc nexus one charger input output
,
nexus 10 charger amperage
,
nexus 5 adapter output ampere
,
nexus connect to more amperes charger
,
nexus one charger
,
nexus one charger spec
,
nexus one charger specifications
,

nexus one charger specs

,
nexus one original charger spec
,
nexus s charger amperage
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.
Android Forum